Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Order Nevsky 2nd Opinion

Article about: Hello, I have been following this Order of A. Nevsky for a bit now, and I believe that it is a fake, because the star at 12 o'clock on the obverse does not look like the ones that I have see

Default Order Nevsky 2nd Opinion

Hello, I have been following this Order of A. Nevsky for a bit now, and I believe that it is a fake, because the star at 12 o'clock on the obverse does not look like the ones that I have seen on examples of the real ones, and also the ones I have seen on this forum. Also, there is no "imprint" (so to speak), of the star on the reverse. The medal has a strange 'mixed-brown' type patina on the reverse side of the order, that I have not seen before. Lastly, where Alexander Nevsky's face is in the center of the obverse, there is a lot of black patina that seems like it was put there on purpose to make it look worn. But, I would like a 2nd opinion on this item/confirmation of my thinking (so to speak) from a more experienced collector. Thanks!

Order Nevsky 2nd OpinionOrder Nevsky 2nd OpinionOrder Nevsky 2nd OpinionOrder Nevsky 2nd OpinionOrder Nevsky 2nd Opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order Nevsky 2nd Opinion
    P
    Many

Indeed, i believe it is a fake. See pic below of some of the details that are missing for a type 3 order. The sickle seems too thick.

Order Nevsky 2nd Opinion

I am in doubt about this one. I am not experienced enough on these Nevsky's though I think it is a good one. It is only the backside that troubles me a bit but it could be polished well by the awardee.
    Below a Nevsky sold by Matthijs from Soviet Orders and this one is serial number-wise quite close to the above one. Only 23 numbers higher.

Order Nevsky 2nd OpinionOrder Nevsky 2nd Opinion

But what about the top star? It looks pretty sloppy. Also Marcel, so you are saying that the order is fake?

Also, as far as the thickness of the sickle, I would have to agree. Especially when you zoom in to the top of it, it is very thick and doesn’t really resemble the one on the real-deal Nevsky.

Dom
    ?

Many details are not consistent with an original order of this variant.

Been comparing the front sites for a rather long time now and there are indeed some very obvious points that point out that this is a fake. Some points which I overlooked the first time.

Very obvious is at the 5 and 7 'o clock rays of the star the red enamel is not in a star-ray shape but the whole area is filled with enamel, not having clear shaped rays. Furthermore the top of the right axe is very rough made, the 16 dots on the outer ring are also made very sloppy plus some other small points here and there that are not consistant with originals.

This shows one can never jump to conclusions with such orders and it takes some effort to really focus on the details. But that is exactly what makes collecting so interesting.

?

Please, see the 3 obvious areas where the differences are apparent.

Order Nevsky 2nd Opinion