Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov

Article about: Added this "Order of the red star" to my collection yesterday. Would be nice to know more about Maksimov to but I don´t read or speak Russian. Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov

Added this "Order of the red star" to my collection yesterday. Would be nice to know more about Maksimov to but I don´t read or speak Russian.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov   Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov  

Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov   Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov  

Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Accompanying archive material.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov   Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov  

Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov   Order of the red star 1650307 to navy officer maksimov  

This one wouldn't be hard, you can just use google translate as it is typed, use the virtual keyboard to type in at translate.google.com
    Quick look is ethnic russian in the Navy and t? would have to work harder on the paragraph.....it at least notes his 15 years in service by 1945

Very easy to get this one translated yes with next link:

Type Russian letters – online Russian keyboard

Hope you didn't overpay for this Red Star btw. This dealer has ridiculous prices for Soviet awards the last few years, far above any other good dealer.

?

Awarded in 1945 for 15 years of service to Senior Lieutenant of the Administrative Service Aleksandr Ivanovich Maksimov, head of the Enlisted and Non-Commissioned Personnel Section of Island Naval Defense Area, Red Banner Baltic Fleet. Island Naval Defense Area protected the Estonian islands of Saaremaa and Hiiumaa.

The citation essentially states he was a hard-working record keeper. He joined the Navy in 1930 and served on the cruiser Komintern in 1931-1932; after that nothing but work as an instructor, party official, and personnel officer. The only interesting aspect is that he was awarded a Labor Distinction Medal in 1939 - a fairly uncommon medal at the time, especially among Navy personnel.

Jan
    ?

Thank you so much guys. The Estonian connection was what I had hoped for actually as part of my new research project.

Best,

Jan

Jan
    ?

Thanks Marcel,

This "Type Russian letters – online Russian keyboard" is a fantastic tool that I didn´t know even existed!

Best,

Jan