Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Is this an original Nakhimov II, and document?

Article about: This is ending in less than a day... The order looks original, the details look correct, but I srspect the document is partially forged: It looks like the signature is over an older one... A

Quote by chen View Post
    I do hope this kind of Russian language books will be translated into English so that it will cause more interested to those English speakers. So far only McDaniel's book will be available .
    Chen

Its easier to get yourself a Russian wife who will be able to translate these books.
    That's what I did

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an original Nakhimov II, and document?
    P
    Many

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Chen

Its easier to get yourself a Russian wife who will be able to translate these books.
    That's what I did

Nick
    Same here

Btw, two more observations regarding the order that started this thread. The booklet only mentions the Nakhimov order while all cavaliers of this order have chests full of orders and medals. Why are these not mentioned in the award booklet? Did it happen that more of these booklets were handed out to one person with some booklets only mentioning just one award? I have not come across this yet but perhaps others have? This could be interesting to learn from.

Furthermore, check the details of the anchors on the reverse lower side and the details inbetween two anchors on the lower reverse and compare this to some known originals. There are some significant differences, similar to the differences of some fake Nevsky orders compared to originals. The same flaw.

Unfortunately these orders are out of most collector's pricerange so we can only study photos from known originals.

?

I need a German and a Russian wife.

I received my book with all awardees of the Ushakov and Nakhimov orders. Nakhimov # 645 has never been awarded. There have been more awards made than handed out, # 645 is an order that has never been handed out. That makes this entry in the booklet fake. Sergey most likely just earned the Red Star as mentioned. I didn't find him on Pamyat Naroda but that is problably because I translated the surname incorrect.

This could in theory mean the award could be original and was matched with this booklet by adding a fake entry. I however find too many differences between the original orders and this order # 645. So I stick to my previous opinion that the order itself is also a fake. The most significant detail is the soft patina of the reverse which doesn't match originals but does match to known fake orders of A. Nevsky and B. Khmelnitsky.

Default Russian language

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Chen

That's what I did

Nick
    Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Same here
    What you also can do is just start learning the Russian language.
    It is fun and you come into contact with fellow students who also have an affinity with Russia and the Russian language.

Besides, Marcel beautiful book that you show us.

I actually already started with classes years ago but had to quit due to lack of time. My job demands lots of time and study as well so when back home I feel the need to relax. Nowadays even more than ever before. But I do hope to pick it up again in the (near) future

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3