Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Patriotic War I Class, 111.190,Platoon Commander, 11th Artillery Regiment, Narew River

Article about: Award sheet 1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Yunkov, Aleksandr Stepanovich 2. Rank: Lieutenant 3. Position and unit: Artillery platoon leader in the 8th Battery, 11th Artillery Regi

?

Default Patriotic War I Class, 111.190,Platoon Commander, 11th Artillery Regiment, Narew River

Award sheet

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Yunkov, Aleksandr Stepanovich
    2. Rank: Lieutenant
    3. Position and unit: Artillery platoon leader in the 8th Battery, 11th Artillery Regiment, 73rd Novozybkov Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Division
    Nominated for: Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class
    4. Year of birth: 1924
    5. Nationality: Russian
    6. Party affiliation: Member of the Communist Party since March 1944, membership booklet nr. 6331213
    7. Participation in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War: Since April 1, 1943
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: Slightly wounded on September 16, 1943
    9. Since when in the Red Army: Since August 22, 1942
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Kaverino Raion, Ryazan Oblast
    11. Awards received previously: Order of the Red Star by Order of the 29th Rifle Corps nr. 41/N of March 12, 1944
    12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: _______________

Short, concrete description of his feat of arms or merits:

"For the fact that on September 4, 1944, during the crossing of the Narew River near the village of Male (Różan District, Warsaw Governorate), he and his platoon completed a 30-kilometer march under heavy enemy bombardment and flanking fire. He was one of the first to reach the eastern bank of the Narew River, where he quickly deployed his platoon. His platoon’s artillery fire assisted the crossing of 2nd Battalion of the 413th Rifle Regiment, which successfully crossed the Narew River and expanded the bridgehead on the western bank.

Comrade Yunkov’s platoon destroyed 3 machine-gun positions and killed up to a platoon of enemy infantry, and also frustrated the actions of the enemy tanks and self-propelled artillery.

In the morning of September 5, 1944, having crossed the river to the western bank of the Narew River under enemy fire without suffering any losses, he took part in repelling 3 fierce counterattacks by enemy tanks and infantry. His platoon destroyed 2 machine-gun positions, suppressed the fire of 2 mortar batteries, and killed up to a platoon of enemy submachine gunners.

I apply for comrade Aleksandr Stepanovich Yunkov to be awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class."

Commander of the 11th Artillery Regiment
    Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Chebotaryov/
    September 29, 1944

He deserves the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Commander of the Artillery of the 73rd Novozybkov Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Division
    Colonel [signed] /Albrecht/
    September 30, 1944

He deserves the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Commander of the 73rd Novozybkov Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Division
    Colonel [signed] /Matronin/
    September 30, 1944

I award the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Commander of the 29th Rifle Corps
    Guards Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Fokanov/
    October 4, 1944

By Order of the 29th Rifle Corps nr. 129/N of October 8, 1944 awarded the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class.

Assistant chief of the Personnel Section of the 29th Rifle Corps
    Senior Lieutenant of the Administrative Service [signed] /Golikov/
    October 9, 1944

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Patriotic War I Class, 111.190,Platoon Commander, 11th Artillery Regiment, Narew River
    P
    Many

?

Patriotic War I Class. Nº- 111.190
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Patriotic War I Class, 111.190,Platoon Commander, 11th Artillery Regiment, Narew River   Patriotic War I Class, 111.190,Platoon Commander, 11th Artillery Regiment, Narew River  

Patriotic War I Class, 111.190,Platoon Commander, 11th Artillery Regiment, Narew River   Patriotic War I Class, 111.190,Platoon Commander, 11th Artillery Regiment, Narew River  

?

Service record

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Yunkov, Aleksandr Stepanovich
    2. Year of birth: 1924
    3. Nationality: Russian
    4. Knowledge of foreign languages and level of mastery:
    5. Place of birth: Village of Novo-Fominovo, Nevezhinsky Raion, Ryazan Oblast
    6. Social position and origins: Worker from a family of peasants
    7. Party affiliation
    Member of the Communist Party since: 1944
    Party membership booklet nr.:
    Candidate member of the Communist Party since:
    Member of the Komsomol since:
    Not a party member:
    Membership of other parties:
    Party penalties and changes in party affiliation:
    8. Education
    General education: 9 classes in Moscow in 1941
    Military education: Junior Lieutenant Course in the city of Vyksa in 1943
    Political education:
    9. Service in the old army:
    10. Service in the White Army:
    11. Has he been in captivity or surrounded; when, where, and for how long (if he was surrounded, only note escapes separate from his unit):

12. Military promotions

-Junior Lieutenant

-Lieutenant, 48th Army, Apr 19, 1944

-Senior Lieutenant, 48th Army, Oct 23, 1944

-Captain, Moscow Military District, Oct 11, 1961

13. Service at the front: With the Active Army since March 23, 1943. On the Central Front from February 1943 through January 1944 and on the 3rd Belorussian Front from January 1944 through May 1945
    14. Wounds and contusions: Wounded once: slightly wounded in his right hip and arm on September 16, 1943, city of Novgorod-Seversky
    15. Awards (orders and medals): Order of the Red Star
    16. Family situation and address of the family: Bachelor. Mother: Pelageya Feoktistovna. 1 Rusakovskaya Street, apartment 15, Moscow

17. Joined the Red Army where and having occupied which position (if called up from the reserves, note ‘from the reserves’, location and date of call-up, and length of break from the service): Since August 28, 1942

18. Service in the Red Army:

Private, 30th Reserve Artillery Regiment, Aug 1942

Junior Lieutenant Course of the 5th Artillery Brigade, Oct 1942

Ammunition supply platoon leader, 1046th Artillery Regiment, 48th Army, 399th Rifle División, Jun 28, 1943

Recovering Evacuation Hospital, city of Novgorod-Seversky, Sep 1943

Headquarters platoon leader, 11th Artillery Regiment, 73rd Rifle Division, Central Front 1944 (with promotion)

Deputy battery commander, 2287th Howitzer Artillery Regiment, 598th Artillery Brigade

Transferred to the reserves in accordance with Article 54, Section A, Military Commissariat of the Molotov Raion, city of Moscow, Sep 26, 1946 North Caucasus Military District

19. Transferred to the reserves having served as … with the rank of …

20. Reasons for the transfer: