Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Please help identify this Russian? Order? Saint George?

Article about: I am new here, so please be patient with me. Anyone know what this is? I've been researching for a couple of hours and am wiped out. So I decided to join this forum in hopes that someone can

Default Please help identify this Russian? Order? Saint George?

I am new here, so please be patient with me. Anyone know what this is? I've been researching for a couple of hours and am wiped out. So I decided to join this forum in hopes that someone can help me. I hope I am doing this correctly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify this Russian? Order? Saint George?   Please help identify this Russian? Order? Saint George?  

Please help identify this Russian? Order? Saint George?  

Default Re: Please help identify this Russian? Order? Saint George?

I believe it is this:

"Chughuev Military School, by Kortmann, in bronze-gilt and enamels (P. & B. vol. I, 1.2.3.), screw-back suspension"

Apparently awarded for graduation from the school. See https://www.winkler-auktion.de/aukti...uev_421_e.html for more information.

There is a similar one for sale at https://www.emedals.com/Pages/Direct...s.aspx?id=9075
    Last edited by roger9344; 01-31-2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: punctuation, grammar

Welcome to the forum I think Roger has nailed it for you.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Oh, yeah, welcome to the forum! I got so wrapped up in trying to identify the medal that I plumb forgot my manners!

Thanks Guys! Any Value? Is it common? It was actually mounted on an old Fort Dunlop (Tire) Cigarette case along with another medal I will need to have identified, which I think is Russian, also.

Per eMedals, it is rare. Their example is up for sale for $2400. As to its actual value, I cannot speak.

Thanks Roger. I will post pic's of the other piece I have tomorrow, which was also mounted on the same cigarette case.