Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Post your best addition of 2020

Article about: 2020 is already over, a new year of collecting has started. Now is the time to look back and think about the awards that came in your collection, and to dream about the things that may come

Cool Post your best addition of 2020

2020 is already over, a new year of collecting has started.
    Now is the time to look back and think about the awards that came in your collection, and to dream about the things that may come this year .

For me, 2020 was a quiet year concerning Soviet awards. I had more attention for other areas of my collecting interests. A few items came and a few items left.
    My best score of 2020 was an OPW2 belonging to Guards Senior Lieutenant Ivan Zakharov. I already bought his OAN two years ago and last April I had the chance to reunite the awards and complete his grouping. (Grouping reunited).

My dream for 2021 would be a gold star of the HSU (but I'm not sure if I manage to save enough for that...so it's maybe a dream for 2022 ).

I'm looking forward to your experiences of the past year and your dreams for 2021.

Post your best addition of 2020

Zakharov's reunited awards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your best addition of 2020
    P
    Many

I share a similar dream for this (or next) year: a gold star for a HSU with nice citation. But I'm afraid that stays a dream haha
    Plus I would love to find a good Suvorov 3rd class with nice citation.

My favourite addition of last year is an near-mint Order of Labour Glory 2cl. I love the combination of gold and blue enamel, it makes it one of the prettiest decorations of the USSR.

As for this year.. I hope to either continue collecting medals to round out the one-of-each goal. Nakimov and Ushakov are rather expensive though, so this will take time. After that, I don't know, maybe try to get a Order of Glory 2cl with the gold still on it or to grab a good-looking Order of the Friendships of People.

A good year for collecting to you all!

I do not set any priorities for the coming (collective) year. I wait to see what will be offered to me.