Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Red Star Order with Research

Article about: Any issues with the documents or Star? Thanks John

Thumbs up Red Star Order with Research

Any issues with the documents or Star?
    Thanks
    John

Red Star Order with ResearchRed Star Order with ResearchRed Star Order with ResearchRed Star Order with ResearchRed Star Order with Research

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Star Order with Research
    P
    Many

Documents and Red Star don't belong together. Red Star is a postwar star and the documents talk about a Order of Red Banner awarded to Junior Sergeant Yakov Mitrofanovich Makarov (# 1490 on the list of Red Banner awardees). Award sheet is dated midwar and star is postwar (technically not impossible but in relation to the mentioned Red Banner not correct in this case).

So basically a put together set.

?

At the very least there's some paperwork missing - to link the Red Star to a name you need the record card (not shown here) and the photo likely comes from a service record (not shown here either).

But it's possible that the long service decree pertains to this Red Star (clearly the middle pages are not shown here, so this might be a Red Star instead of a Red Banner award), with the citation belonging to an earlier, wartime Red Star. But as I said, there's clearly some paperwork missing - paperwork that would easily clear up this issue.

I'd have to look up the name, but I'm a bit lazy at the moment. This appears to be the same seller who listed the red star where the listing gave the impression that the red star was an early one for combat with selectively posting from the record, but in reality it was 99% certain it was a long service award. I suspect here too we have a select listing of the award sheets to give a different impression, with a red banner award (that isn't what is for sale) along with the persons long service Red Star. So you have to determine if you think this is deceptive.....but it is consistent with the seller.

Imo it is deceptive yes. Those who don't read Cyrillic and who are not able to search up the name are deliberately presented wrong info, making this look different than what it really is.

Thumbs up

Here is some more information and pictures on this grouping.
    Thanks
    John

Record Card
    Подвиг народа

Red Star
    Подвиг народа

Patriotic War 2nd Class
    Подвиг народа

Pamyat Naroda – awards and service records (including photograph)
    pamyat-naroda.ru/heroes/kld-card_uchet_officer11660068/

Red Star Order with ResearchRed Star Order with ResearchRed Star Order with ResearchRed Star Order with ResearchRed Star Order with ResearchRed Star Order with Research

With all documents presented it makes more sense and to me it looks like the Red Star was a delayed award. Auke can say more about this for sure.

I just recently finished a memoir from a veteran who was awarded during wartime the medal for Bravery but because of the rapid forward movements of the front she only received this award after the war. Perhaps this could be the case here as well with a June 1943 awarded Red Star but a postwar made (around the mid 50's) Red Star award.

?

That clears everything up. There’s nothing wrong with the set. The Red Star is a ‘catch-up’ award, officially bestowed in July 1943 but belatedly issued years after the war (in March 1956).