Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Review - Order Of Glory III Class and its veteran

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently acquired some orders from the USSR. These are my first orders that I have in hand. And this Order of Glory III class was one of them. I was able to look up basic i

?

Default Review - Order Of Glory III Class and its veteran

Hello everyone,

I recently acquired some orders from the USSR. These are my first orders that I have in hand. And this Order of Glory III class was one of them.

I was able to look up basic information about the veteran who received it. I will leave a summary of what I found about the veteran by researching the main patriotic war veteran research sites.

I would love to know if any of you have tips on other sites where I can look for individuals from the USSR, war veterans or other activities. The site "https://arhiv.vdnh.ru/" seemed like a good place to find information of USSR civilian awards.
    If you have any more recommendations, I'm happy to hear them.

Below is the veteran's information

Vasily Grigorievich Polguev was born in 1925 in Ust-Kiterma, Omsk Region.

He joined the Komsomol in Kazakhstan in November 1942.

In January 1943, he enlisted in the Red Army. He ended his training period in April 1943, joining the 1st Ukrainian Front on active service.
    In his records there is mention that he was admitted to the Campo hospital in 1792. Which leads us to believe that, probably, Vasily suffered from some type of injury that had to be treated while he was still in training.

In his service as a combatant, he was incorporated, in May, into a squad of riflemen from the 9th rifle company of the 3rd rifle battalion of the 1st infantry regiment of the 99th Infantry Division.

In his service at the front, he suffered 2 injuries: he was slightly wounded in the arm on April 19, 1944 (in the region east of the Strypa River, Ukraine) and again slightly wounded in the left arm on August 21, 1944. This is the date on which he would be awarded the Order of Glory III Class.

He was awarded the Order of Glory, III Class for performing the following feats as a platoon commander sergeant:
    “Comrade POLIGUEV set an example of courage and bravery in the battles with the German occupiers.
    During battles during the breakthrough of enemy defenses in the area of the village of Kozodzha [village of Gmina Ostrów District, southeastern Poland], Dembitsky District, on August 21, 1944, comrade POLIGUEV with a group of fighters stood up nervously for the attack and took possession of an enemy cannon.
    The enemy tried to maintain the lost position and launched a counterattack, but thanks to the courage and bravery of comrade POLIGUEV, the counterattack was repelled.
    In this battle, Comrade POLIGUEV himself personally destroyed 4 German soldiers, where he himself was injured.”

He survived the war and no further records of his civilian life have been found.

Soon, I will post the other orders and the stories of their veterans

thanks

Review - Order Of Glory III Class and its veteran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Review - Order Of Glory III Class and its veteran
    P
    Many

Hi Friend!
    You can always try with „Pamyat Naroda” site. For example, I’ve found there information about combat route of a soldier which I was looking information about.

I’m very impressed with yours Слава - I’m looking for Soviet decorations awarded to Poles or for fighting in Poland, so if it will be for sale once - please, let me know

Best regards

?

Hello friend!

I searched for "Pamyat Naroda", it is the website with the most information I know.

I have about 6 Soviet medals. Of these, 4 are soldiers who fought in Poland.
    I'm not offering them for sale at the moment.
    But I will post them here soon.

Good luck with your collection!

Congratulations, I would love to see these awards and especially read what they were awarded for.
    Thank you for wishes, I also wish you lots of great additions to your collection.
    Kind regards, Norbert

?

Hello Norbert,

I just made another post of yet another order:

Review - Order of Red Banner and its veteran

I hope you enjoy!

He was alive in 1985 as well, can you share the award number?