Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Review - Order of Red Banner and its veteran

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm posting some of my orders from the USSR and some information I could find. I would love to know if any of you have tips on other sites where I can look for individuals fr

?

Default Review - Order of Red Banner and its veteran

Hello everyone,

I'm posting some of my orders from the USSR and some information I could find.

I would love to know if any of you have tips on other sites where I can look for individuals from the USSR, war veterans or other activities. The site "https://arhiv.vdnh.ru/" seemed like a good place to find information of USSR civilian awards.
    If you have any more recommendations, I'm happy to hear them.

Below is the veteran's information

Ivan Andreevich Andreev, born on 05/29/1905 in Panteleikovo, Novoduginsky district, Smolensk region.

He joined the Red Army on 9/10/1927 and the Communist Party in Leningrad on October 10 of the same year. He served until 1929. There was a break in service and he returned to service in the Army in 1932.

He served in the region and in the Battle of Khalkhin Gol between 15/02/1939 until 10/10/1939. He was rewarded on 16 October 1939 with his first Order of the Red Star for his actions during the battles of Khalkhin Gol.

On 05/17/1944 he became command of the 101st Guards Rifle Regiment.

On 08/31/1944 he received his first Order of the Red Banner (nº127634), in reward for his actions during the month of August 1944 in battles in Poland during the crossing of the Vistula River.

he was seriously injured in combat on August 24, 1944.

His second Order of the Red Banner was awarded to him on 16/06/1945 in recognition of his achievements during the Battle of Berlin.

On July 20, 1945, he would be awarded the Order of Alexander Nevsky. In the records that are in Russian, a friend of mine managed to translate some things, but not everything. In particular the names of the cities mentioned. I will leave below the adapted translation that was made based on the document. If anyone can help, I'll leave the document in the images.

"“In the battles to capture the city of ??Kitz and Art. Kyustria??, during the period of repelling counterattacks by outnumbered opponents in the area of ​​the city's flour mill on March 11 and 12, 1945, Comrade Andreev, having extensive experience in the battles of the Patriotic War, being directly in combat with the formations of units, persistently, clearly and skillfully organizing the interaction of the regiment's units, loyal and supporting artillery.
    During the period of battles to eliminate the enemy group surrounded in the region of ??Kyustria??, on the island and one kilometer west of the flour mill ??Kitz??, from March 22 to 27, 1945, Comrade Andreev, in accordance with the combat mission assigned to the regiment, took the initiative, acting suddenly and quickly, overcoming strong enemy resistance and defensive structures with small losses of regiment personnel, defeated the group, destroying more than 250 enemy soldiers and officers, taking as trophies 2 TIGER tanks, 14-75 mm cannons and 81 mm mortars, 9 cars and motorcycles, more than 475 machine guns [...], capturing 160 German soldiers and officers.
    In total, the enemy lost more than 410 soldiers and officers killed and captured.
    Comrade Andreev is worthy of receiving the Order of “Alexander Nevski”.

He ended his military career on January 16, 1954 with the rank of Colonel in the Red Army, as part of the 36th Motorized Rifle Division in Berlin, Tempelhof district.

Below I will leave the image of the citation for the Order of Nevsky, a photo of the Order of Red Banner won in August 1944 and the Order of Glory of another veteran that I posted previously.

Review - Order of Red Banner and its veteranReview - Order of Red Banner and its veteran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Review - Order of Red Banner and its veteran
    P
    Many

What an amazing story! I love to read such interesting and rare award applications. My congratulations for getting a gem like yours, especially awarded for crossing Vistula
    Is it known where did he cross the river?
    Kind regards

Just doing some amature sleuthing, if he's still in the 101st GRD. than that puts the unit around Kostlin/Koszalin in March 1945. That could be the unknown town name.
    101st Guards Rifle Division - Wikipedia

?

Hello colleague, thanks for your comment. I also get excited reading quotes from higher orders too.

I don't know where he crossed the Vistula because I couldn't read the names of the cities and places mentioned in the documents well.

?

Thanks for the tip! With some more research on this location I should find the right place