Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Seem legit? WW2 defence of Stalingrad certificate.

Article about: Hi everyone, I was thinking of buying this WW2 Defence of Stalingrad certificate for my study. I’m more of a helmet/dagger guy so I am in way over my head. Was just wondering if you good p

Default Seem legit? WW2 defence of Stalingrad certificate.

Hi everyone, I was thinking of buying this WW2 Defence of Stalingrad certificate for my study. I’m more of a helmet/dagger guy so I am in way over my head.
    Was just wondering if you good people of the forum could please let me know your thoughts? Thanks, much appreciated.Seem legit? WW2 defence of Stalingrad certificate.Seem legit? WW2 defence of Stalingrad certificate.Seem legit? WW2 defence of Stalingrad certificate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seem legit? WW2 defence of Stalingrad certificate.
    P
    Many

The document in the photo is for the Defense of Sevastopol.

Paul is correct, this one is for Sevastopol. And it is also one of the most faked documents. At first glance it looks legit but better close ups of the paper are needed, not just the print and writing. The corners or folds are a good way to see the paper better. Stiff, almost carboard-ish like paper is often used for fakes. In hands it is very easy to determine the difference, from pics it is harder.
    Also please show a better pic of the stamp so we can determine the unit. I checked Pamyat but couldn't find a донченко анатолий алексеевич who also was awarded the Sevastopol medal. So perhaps the unit stamp could help.

Thanks heaps guys, won’t be getting it now.
    This forum is awesome.
    Really appreciate it.

Just out of curiousity, what was the asking price? These usually go for big money.

$100, should I grab it if that’s cheap?

That is too cheap for an original Sevastopol certificate. Ask better pics, if it's the real deal you could have a bargain.

Seem legit? WW2 defence of Stalingrad certificate.

Hi, the certificate is fine (in my humble opinion). It is an early version of the cetificate (from 1945-1945 period), however it was only released in 1965 with so called "voenkomat" type of medal. Nothing unusual (it happened quite often), see similiar case above.
    Pricing is a subjective matter, but the document is in a good shape

*1943-1945 As USSR emblem on the document shows 11 republics (between 1946-1956 there were 16 republics and 1956-1991 there were 15)

If there is one thing I learned in this hobby is that I should never judge originality based on too small or crappy pics. These are simply too small to give a good call. Yes, as I also mentioned, it does look legit. However, to take uncertainties away better, bigger pics are needed to make call a based on facts instead of initial gutfeeling.