Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sniper medalbar

Article about: I recently already posted a pic from this medalbar but this hero deserves some more attention. So hereby I introduce Guards Jr. Sergeant Petr Fedorovich Petrukhnenko (Петр Федоров

Default Sniper medalbar

I recently already posted a pic from this medalbar but this hero deserves some more attention. So hereby I introduce Guards Jr. Sergeant Petr Fedorovich Petrukhnenko (Петр Федорович Петрухненко), born in the Ukraine in 1926.

Sniper medalbar

The medalbar consists of an OG II, OG III, a Victory over Germany medal and a Capture of Berlin medal.

Sniper medalbar
    Sniper medalbar

The award booklet to Petr, mentioning both Order of Glory orders:

Sniper medalbar
    Sniper medalbar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sniper medalbar
    P
    Many

Petr, serving as sniper of the 2 Rifle Battalion, 266 Guards Rifle Red Star and Suvorov Orders Regiment, 88 Guards Rifle “Zaporozhie” Red Banner Suvorov and Bogdan Khmelnitsky Orders Division was awarded the Order of Glory 3rd class for the following:

"Working as a sniper since February 8 1945, he eliminated 12 German soldiers, one officer, and destroyed one enemy telescopic sight by means of his sniper rifle. He is a young sniper, who works hard on improving his sniper skills and keeps learning more and more in this field. CONCLUSION: He deserves a state award - Order “GLORY III CLASS”. ".

Sniper medalbarSniper medalbar

That's quite the grouping!

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. The subject of the battle of Berlin personally fascinates me, and this brave man would have been there to experience it in person.

Best Regards- Jarret

Later, while Petr was serving as submachine gunner in the 266 Guards Rifle Red Star and Suvorov Orders Regiment, 88 Guards Rifle “Zaporozhie” Red Banner Suvorov and Bogdan Khmelnitsky Orders Division he was awarded the Order of Glory 2nd class for the following:

"On April 16 1945, in the engagements for expansion of the bridgehead on the western bank of Oder river near the folwark Werder, Brandenburg province, he was in the first line and encouraging other soldiers rushed into a house occupied by Germans. With the fire of his submachine gun, he eliminated 8 German soldiers, 3 took prisoner, and captured a light machine-gun. Conclusion: He deserves a state award - Order “GLORY II CLASS”.

Petr's Record card, mentioning both his Orders of Glory:

Name of the order or medal, Serial number, Number of the document, Ground of award:
    - Order of Glory, 3rd Class, 355253, Temporary certificate nr. Ye-412056, Order of the 88th Guards Rifle Division nr. 0183/N of April 22, 1945
    - Order of Glory, 2nd Class, 25435, Temporary certificate nr. Ye-596978, Order of the 8th Guards Army nr. 642 of May 18, 1945

A battle map from the 88 Guards Rifle Division from the fighting on April 16 1945, the day Petr earned his Order of Glory II, mentioning folwark Werder.

Sniper medalbar

Finally, modern comparison on the map. First map shows the area near Klessin (right bottom on the 88 Guards RD battle map), second map shows a bit bigger the area (with Malnov on the left bottom of the battle map), and finally zoomed out quite a lot, showing the whole area, just east of the Seelöw Heights.

The red dot is Klessin on map 2 and 3, this for orientation.

Sniper medalbar
    Sniper medalbar
    Sniper medalbar

This is fantastic, I'm quite envious!

?

Truly stunning..

I can’t think of much else to say.. except,
    What do you have to do to earn a gold star medal?

Well done, Marcel.

Wonderful group.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast