Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this soviet cap badge real?

Article about: Hey, I bought this (What I believe this is) M35 field cockade used on a pilotka. Was wondering if it is real considering the star is not technically correct (Hammer and Sickle are rotated ar

Default Is this soviet cap badge real?

Hey, I bought this (What I believe this is) M35 field cockade used on a pilotka. Was wondering if it is real considering the star is not technically correct (Hammer and Sickle are rotated around 10 degrees) Is this soviet cap badge real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this soviet cap badge real?
    P
    Many

RobloxHelmets,

Any chance of getting a photo of the backside of the star?

Gerry C.

From the High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

I'd love to help but I agree with Gerry, this one photo is not only awful but very low quality.

?

The hammer and sickle are at a non-standard angle. Possible german reparation or limited/obscure inter war model?! Better pics would help.

Dom
    ?

A similar example discussed a few years ago :

German cap star?

Hi all, as you all said, this was most likely a German kpd or reparation star. However, I don't know if it's an obscure reproduction, or just a well stored example. The only other one I've seen is on espenlaub. Otherwise, nothing on if anyone's ever tried to make a repro of these.

Is this soviet cap badge real?Is this soviet cap badge real?Is this soviet cap badge real?

I've seen this one before. Unfortunately it is a fake, You actually can see one just like it in the post linked above by Dom

Soooooo... According to espenlaub it's real? Idk, on the one hand, it's deceptively clean, on the other, it almost matches the one for sale on espenlaub.

They've been known to get some things wrong here in the past, but then again so can I, or other people on this forum. I don't claim to be an expert but the Star in my opinion is a more recent fake, made out of the same aluminum materials of the late soviet stars, Sometimes called "Brezhnev stars". Just to clarify, does the star feel heavy or light? All Soviet cockades from before the second world war should be made of a heavy metal coated in enamel from my knowledge.

Dom
    ?

Here is a comparison between this unknown star and a Soviet classic 36, to note that it is a beautiful manufacture (I speak of mine) with a beautiful enamel work, I did not weigh but it is of a weight practically identical to the 36.

There is a nice Russian site or blog that deals with many stars unfortunately I no longer have the link maybe someone knows it among you ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast