Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet defence of the polar region

Article about: Hello, I was looking at buying this defense of the polar region medal and was just looking for opinions. It's from Redmedals on ebay who seem to be pretty professional. To me everything seem

Default Soviet defence of the polar region

Hello,

I was looking at buying this defense of the polar region medal and was just looking for opinions. It's from Redmedals on ebay who seem to be pretty professional. To me everything seems OK but due to this being a more expensive campaign medal I wanted to be sure.
    Many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet defence of the polar region
    P
    Many

All good

?

Hello, looks like the original. Go to the link Медаль "За оборону Советского
    Заполярья"
    Turn on the Russian translator in Google. There is everything in detail about this medal. If you have any questions about Soviet issues, please contact us. If it's not a secret, what is the price?

Thanks, yes I use that website, I just like to get more opinions. All together it's just over £100, but due to my brothers USA shipping location, I can avoid the 20% vat I get when buying from European locations to the UK. The price seems similar to most the others with documents.

I received the item and have attempted some translations I think the name is approximately:
    Алексеевч Василию Алексеевич-Alekseevch Vasily Alekseevich.

But I'm struggling on the unit, normally I can get some words out of it but not having any success on this one. Im just wondering if anyone can help.

Any help is appreciated,

The unit is the 119th Rifle Corps (Infantry).

?

Good afternoon, I translated the award document and checked the name of the commander who signed the document. In reality, the 119th Corps fought in the Murmansk region, awarded, Senior Lieutenant (officer), last name Alekseev, first name Vasily, patronymic Alekseevich. The award document was signed by Lieutenant General, last name Nikishin, first name Nikolai, commander of the 119th Corps.

?

Good afternoon, I translated the award document and checked the name of the commander who signed the document. In reality, the 119th Corps fought in the Murmansk region, awarded, Senior Lieutenant (officer), last name Alekseev, first name Vasily, patronymic Alekseevich. The award document was signed by Lieutenant General, last name Nikishin, first name Nikolai, commander of the 119th Corps.

?

In Russian, the surname and first name of the awardee are written like this:Алексеев Василий Алексеевич, Signed the award document Генерал Лейтенант Никишин Николай ( командир 119 корпуса).

This appears to be him. Алексеев Василий Алексеевич 1917г.р.
    Ethnic Russian
    Here is his award list, and the details on the OGPW which shows the same 119ck
    The award list shows his medal for defense of the Soviet Arctic, but doesn't have a link to the awarding list where we could eliminate the 0.001% doubt by seeing if the document serial number matched that list.....
    The first combat services was for Finland, so cannot get the citation, the second combat services is long service (he went in in 1939)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet defence of the polar region   Soviet defence of the polar region  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast