Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet GPW Veteran Badges

Article about: Rather than hijacking Marcels excellent Thread on Soviet Veterans badges I have decided to open my own as I can see I will be adding many more in the future as I’m hooked! Nick

Default Soviet GPW Veteran Badges

Rather than keep hijacking Marcels thread on Soviet Veterans badges I have decided to open my own as I can see I will be adding many more in the future as I’m hooked!

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet GPW Veteran Badges   Soviet GPW Veteran Badges  

Soviet GPW Veteran Badges  
    Last edited by Woolgar; 02-24-2022 at 08:20 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet GPW Veteran Badges
    P
    Many

Here is the excellent thread stared by Marcel…

Veteran badges

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great addiction, isn't it
    And I am pretty sure these go up in price in the future. I've already noticed this a bit in the last two months. So now is the time to build up a collection while these are still affordable. Plus, they look awesome and colourful and show high quality in many cases.

I absolutely agree Marcel, very addictive and hunting down the ones I like in the book is good fun

Nick

Soviet GPW Veteran BadgesJust received a couple more Veteran badges from Estonia.

First one is ‘Guards Vitebsk Rifle Division 1941-1945’ “Mikhailov, Don, Molodechno, Alitus, Königsberg,”

Victory over Germany medal ribbon with base showing of units Order of Lenin, the Red Banner and Suvorov.

Nick

Second badge is ‘Veteran of the 59th Army’
    On the reverse are inscribed city names Malaya Vishera, Novgorod, Luga, Krakow, Katowice.1941-1945.

Soviet GPW Veteran BadgesSoviet GPW Veteran Badges

Very nice additions!

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Very nice additions!
    Thanks Marcel

The 59th Army badge doesnt feature in Schmitts book for some reason but it certainly existed and fought all the way to Prague

Nick

There's actually quite a few more badges which were not in the book. Guess it's almost impossible to get all different ones due to the vast amount of badges, some of which are made in very small numbers.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    There's actually quite a few more badges which were not in the book. Guess it's almost impossible to get all different ones due to the vast amount of badges, some of which are made in very small numbers.
    Yes a good point, he may do a revised addition one day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast