Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet Guards Badge - WW2 Era?

Article about: Here is my Soviet Guards Badge, I am not sure if it is from WW2 or a post-war creation, can anyone tell? It is missing the backing screw plate, but other than that it is practically flawless

?

Default Soviet Guards Badge - WW2 Era?

Here is my Soviet Guards Badge, I am not sure if it is from WW2 or a post-war creation, can anyone tell?

It is missing the back screw plate, otherwise it is practically flawless - the white and red enameling are perfect!

Last edited by Mint; 03-31-2019 at 03:23 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Guards Badge - WW2 Era?
    P
    Many

It is a wartime badge.

?

Marcel is correct, definitely wartime and in exceptional condition. It is a real shame it does not have its original screwplate.

I do not have my badges in front of me but I THINK this is a Ш.Э.Г. пр-во ЖДТМП
    You may have trouble finding an appropriate nut.....but worth it if you didn't pay much for the badge....lovely....

?

or maybe ШМЗ/НКПС But I need to dig out my references! if ШМЗ/НКПС then easier to find a nut probably....

You can scroll through here and look for comparisons.....
    A Study in Guards Badges

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    It is a wartime badge.
    Quote by B618aa View Post
    Marcel is correct, definitely wartime and in exceptional condition. It is a real shame it does not have its original screwplate.

I do not have my badges in front of me but I THINK this is a Ш.Э.Г. пр-во ЖДТМП
    You may have trouble finding an appropriate nut.....but worth it if you didn't pay much for the badge....lovely....
    Thank you both for your confirmation, even without the screwplate it was too perfect for me to ignore. If you can help me identify the correct replacement nut to match with the badge I will definitely buy it.

or maybe ШМЗ/НКПС But I need to dig out my references! if ШМЗ/НКПС then easier to find a nut probably....

You can scroll through here and look for comparisons.....
    A Study in Guards Badges
    This is an amazing thread that you made B618aa, how many variations of the Guards Badge were there in total, do you know?

?

I'm going to change my mind, I think you need an ШМЗ/НКПС Nut.......

?

I'm going to change my mind, I think you need an ШМЗ/НКПС Nut.......
    I found this site that shows every variety of the ШМЗ/НКПС Nut - can you identify which of these would be most accurate for the badge that I have?
    Армейские знаки - Заводы и производства

?

no, it would only be a guess....and if you bought one like it, it may or may not fit.
    Which is why I think a replacement nut will be difficult.
    if you were close by, I'd let you look through what I have to get a better idea, but that is about the only method that seems to work and even then there is inconsistencies.

For me it is no matter what nut will serve as a replacement. These badges got loose from tunics in battle, pins broke off, nuts got lost. In battle these things can happen so when a nut was lost a soldier didn't care if a matching nut was found. Any nut would do

Also look on how some pins were re-attached. Some were done in a very nice way, others were done in a very sloppy way. It was war so these things didn't matter too much.

If looking for a replacement nut, there are several Ukrainian sellers on Ebay who quite often offer original nuts for sale.

?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    For me it is no matter what nut will serve as a replacement. These badges got loose from tunics in battle, pins broke off, nuts got lost. In battle these things can happen so when a nut was lost a soldier didn't care if a matching nut was found. Any nut would do
    Precisely!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast