Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425

Article about: After a brief sabbatical from collecting Soviet militaria, I purchased this medal. It just arrived in the mail and I am very pleased with it. I absolutely love the patina. I'm hoping the rel

Default Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425

After a brief sabbatical from collecting Soviet militaria, I purchased this medal. It just arrived in the mail and I am very pleased with it. I absolutely love the patina. I'm hoping the relatively low serial number will yield an interesting citation!

Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425

Hi Joe, I look forward to finding out more.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425

Thanks, Ade! Auke is on the case!

Auke just sent me the research! Female soldier, very cool!

Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425

1. Last name: Bashtan
    2. First name and patronymic: Nadezhda Ivanovna
    3. Military rank: Junior Sergeant
    4. Sex: Female
    5. Year of birth: 1920
    6. Place of birth: Village of Korsunovka, Poltava Oblast
    7. Party membership (since which year): Not a member
    8. Education: Secondary
    9. Nationality: Ukrainian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: 1942
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Radio operator in the 68th Voznesensky Signal Regiment
    12. Current place of service and position: Student at Kiev State University
    13. Home address of the awardee: 78/1 Krasnoarmeiskaya [“Red Army”] Street

14. Record of all awards received:

Medal for Combat Merit #699425 (TYPO!), Order of the 68th Independent Signal Regiment, 37th Army nr. 019/N of October 23, 1943

The Medal for Combat Merit to:

Junior Sergeant Nadezhda Ivanovna Bashtan, radiotelegraph operator in the Radio Company, for her exemplary accomplishment of combat tasks related to servicing the V-100 handheld radio transceivers of the artillery staff. As a result, a penetration of the enemy defenses was realized through a timely preliminary artillery bombardment. For her self-control, exemplary discipline, and dedication to her assignment.

Commander of the 68th Independent Signal Regiment
    Colonel [signed] /Borsuk/

Chief of staff
    Major [signed] /Deryabin/

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Auke just sent me the research! Female soldier, very cool!

Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425Soviet WWII Military Merit Medal #659425

1. Last name: Bashtan
    2. First name and patronymic: Nadezhda Ivanovna
    3. Military rank: Junior Sergeant
    4. Sex: Female
    5. Year of birth: 1920
    6. Place of birth: Village of Korsunovka, Poltava Oblast
    7. Party membership (since which year): Not a member
    8. Education: Secondary
    9. Nationality: Ukrainian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: 1942
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Radio operator in the 68th Voznesensky Signal Regiment
    12. Current place of service and position: Student at Kiev State University
    13. Home address of the awardee: 78/1 Krasnoarmeiskaya [“Red Army”] Street

14. Record of all awards received:

Medal for Combat Merit #699425 (TYPO!), Order of the 68th Independent Signal Regiment, 37th Army nr. 019/N of October 23, 1943

The Medal for Combat Merit to:

Junior Sergeant Nadezhda Ivanovna Bashtan, radiotelegraph operator in the Radio Company, for her exemplary accomplishment of combat tasks related to servicing the V-100 handheld radio transceivers of the artillery staff. As a result, a penetration of the enemy defenses was realized through a timely preliminary artillery bombardment. For her self-control, exemplary discipline, and dedication to her assignment.

Commander of the 68th Independent Signal Regiment
    Colonel [signed] /Borsuk/

Chief of staff
    Major [signed] /Deryabin/

how can one do such research? i have tons of numbered Soviet awards without documents.... thank you

Contact forum member Auke, of course!

Very nice indeed. The fact it belonged to a female soldier makes it rather special in my view.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks, Ade! I think so, too!!

To be honest, I was disappointed when I first read the citation and saw "radio operator." I'm always hoping for a citation for a sniper, ppsh toting bad ass or tank driver...

Then, I read: "her exemplary accomplishment of combat tasks... her self-control... her assignment..." and my disappointment melted away.