MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

With this supposedly Soviet Sniper Badge

Article about: Hi mates! Thanks in advance for your attention and help. I need your expert eye. I need to know whether this sniper badge is original or not. I know this is not always an easy thing to say.

?

Default With this supposedly Soviet Sniper Badge

Hi mates!
    Thanks in advance for your attention and help.
    I need your expert eye.
    I need to know whether this sniper badge is original or not.
    I know this is not always an easy thing to say. I'll post a few pics so you can have a look and see if you can give me a hand.

Thanks a lot!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement With this supposedly Soviet Sniper Badge
    P
    Many

To me, fake, also has classic fake nut.
    Also the person selling this on the famous auction site also has listed other clearly faked items like a combat services on square mount with an added early number on the back. It is a late medal, unnumbered, that has been made up to look (to the novice) to be legit. Fakes......

Fake badge indeed.

?

Thank you very much for your prompt response, mates.
    The truth is that I imagined it was fake. However, it kind of looked so real... They actually know how to make convincing replicas, you know.
    I asked the bloke and he told me that he wasn't sure but he had bought it in Russia and thought it was original and the argument he gave me was very weak: he said that all the snipers who had once owned one of these were dead by now so nobody could really certify its authenticity..... I found this comment VERY suspicious....

Thanks again!!!

Of the items I know enough to evaluate they are either fake or low value items not worth faking, thus I consider everything they have highly suspect. This person is on my 'steer clear' list....

The one shown is an obvious fake with the typical bad reverse side.
    Here's mine, both original.

The first one:
    With this supposedly Soviet Sniper BadgeWith this supposedly Soviet Sniper Badge

The second one:
    With this supposedly Soviet Sniper BadgeWith this supposedly Soviet Sniper Badge

Here is another original example for reference.

With this supposedly Soviet Sniper Badge With this supposedly Soviet Sniper Badge

With a simple google search, you can disprove the myth that all of the people who had it died.
    Wait, what is that?
    400,000 people were trained as snipers. Likely at least SOME of those 400,000 people are still alive today. But, probably only 10 snipers remain.

It was not a myth that ALL Soviet snipers died. It is just nonsense and a lame argument by the seller to defend a fake badge he's selling. Nothing more nothing less.

I believe he probably mean have passed (of old age) not in combat, unfortunately largely true, fewer veterans every day. Still a super lame excuse for the fakes he is selling. I highly suspect he knows exactly what he is selling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast