Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Translation needed! Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War medal

Article about: Hello fellas, I just got this medal recently because I thought it looked pretty neat, and I lack soviet items in my collection. I can't make out anything due to it being written in Cyrillic.

You could be right. Didn't even look at the medal up to now, only focussed on the document for translation
    Details are off indeed but it is hard to see from this one pic if it is because of lighting, being worn off or other reasons. Better pic is needed for that. Could be a well worn medal with details faded due to heavy wear. It never hurts to be certain though

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation needed! Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War medal
    P
    Many

Translation needed! Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War medal

I definitely think someone tried cleaning it at some point, muting some of the natural highlights and "shadows". Over polishing back in the day could have cause highlight detail smudging too.

A good one, and not one of those polished fakes.

?

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    It looks like that the name of the guards corporal is "Кейлук Анатолий Денисович".
    There is no soldier with this name in Pamyat Naroda, so my thought was that the name could be misspelled.
    The name "Кейлюк Анатолий Денисович" does exist, but is clearly not the person we are looking for.
    Unfortunately, Pamyat Naroda is not faultless.
    If it is worth it to you, you can have the medal/soldier researched by Matt Jansen; Orders, Medals and Badges from the Soviet Union for sale
    I think that's him actually.
    Подвиг народа

Born August 15, 1926, then issued his Victory over Germany medal in Februari 1946 as a PFC (efreytor), and then evidently staying in the army as a career NCO and earning an MCM for 10 years of service in 1954 as a Master Sergeant (as per Podvig Naroda). Moreover, Keyluk / Keylyuk is a fairly uncommon name, so I'd be surprised if they are not one and the same individual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2