Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Translation needed! Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War medal

Article about: Hello fellas, I just got this medal recently because I thought it looked pretty neat, and I lack soviet items in my collection. I can't make out anything due to it being written in Cyrillic.

Default Translation needed! Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War medal

Hello fellas, I just got this medal recently because I thought it looked pretty neat, and I lack soviet items in my collection. I can't make out anything due to it being written in Cyrillic. All I know is, it's a Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War medal.

Can anyone help me read it? I'd appreciate it a lot, thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation needed! Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War medal
    P
    Many

If my translator is right, it was awarded to an Anatoly Kerluk Denisovich on 22nd February 1946. I can't get any unit information out of it, unfortunately.

This award was established on May 9 1945 (Russian Victory Day), and around 14,933,000 were awarded. So very common, but nonetheless a great addition to any collection of Soviet awards!

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    If my translator is right, it was awarded to an Anatoly Kerluk Denisovich on 22nd February 1946. I can't get any unit information out of it, unfortunately.

This award was established on May 9 1945 (Russian Victory Day), and around 14,933,000 were awarded. So very common, but nonetheless a great addition to any collection of Soviet awards!

B.B.
    It's a start. I plan on getting more medals like red stars and orders of the patriotic war, so I'm going to have to learn Cyrillic soon.

Thanks!

Possibly it could be Keyluk, Anatoli Denisovich (Кейлюк, Анатолий Денисович); https://pamyat-naroda.ru/heroes/pers...teka1503892925
    On the document he has the rank of a Guards Corporal (Гвардий ефрейтор), on the website the rank of a Sergeant Major (Старшина).
    The award date of the medal also does not match. Could this be the right person?

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    If I read correctly, the medal was awarded to the guards corporal Kerlyk, Anatoli Denisovich (Гвардий ефрейтор Керлук, Анатолий Денисович) on February 22nd 1946.

There is a Russian website called Pamyat Naroda, where you can search by name of the WWII/BOB veteran; https://pamyat-naroda.ru/
    At this website you can find out in which army unit the veteran has served and what medals have been awarded to him. I searched for the name but unfortunately, I could not find him.
    I could not find him on the similar website Podvig Naroda either; Подвиг народа
    Just because I could not find him does not mean the soldier did not exist.
    Unfortunately, both websites are not faultless. It is also possible that his name on the document is not spelled correctly.
    Thanks! I'll keep those sites in mind in the future.

I posted the picture to a translation subreddit, and someone said that it was awarded by the colonel of what they think is the 201th Red Banner Tank regiment, but the cursive is hard to make out.

Not the same person imo. The document is from a Guards soldier who's part of a Red Banner Tank regiment and the Pamyat link is to a soldier not being a Guards soldier.

Can't find the matching person to the document in the online archives. So most likely he's not been added there (yet).
    From what I see his name is Кейлук Анатолий Денисович.

It looks like that the name of the guards corporal is "Кейлук Анатолий Денисович".
    There is no soldier with this name in Pamyat Naroda, so my thought was that the name could be misspelled.
    The name "Кейлюк Анатолий Денисович" does exist, but is clearly not the person we are looking for.
    Unfortunately, Pamyat Naroda is not faultless.
    If it is worth it to you, you can have the medal/soldier researched by Matt Jansen; Orders, Medals and Badges from the Soviet Union for sale

Be aware that those online archives are not complete. New veterans are uploaded on a daily basis so the person we're discussing here can be online within now and the near future. Had two names already that I was researching who were not on Pamyat at the time of buying the award but who are there nowadays so I could continue my research

I'm hoping it's a lighting issue, but are we sure it's not a copy? It doesn't look right to me.
    Stalin is extremely worn, but not the writing around him? and the medals metal looks...off

It reminds me of these types of copies:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast