Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Veteran badges

Article about: Is anyone here collecting veteran badges? I only recently started to dive a bit deeper into the world of collecting veteran pins and badges and I must say there are many very nice badges. Wh

For myself, collecting these is just a cheap side project. At least, for now that is because I think these will become more collectable and expensive over time.

I know Paul's book but I don't have it yet. I could only find it at one US based dealer and postage with on top import tax would be too expansive so I hope to find it elsewhere. I'm on the search for a couple of months now but didn't find one for a reasonable price yet.

Edit: just tried to see what it would cost me to buy from the US. The book is $ 20, shipping will be $ 50 so a total of $ 70.
    Import tax will be $ 15 so in total a $ 20 book will cost me $ 85. Ridiculous.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veteran badges
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

It's an interesting book

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post

Edit: just tried to see what it would cost me to buy from the US. The book is $ 20, shipping will be $ 50 so a total of $ 70.
    Import tax will be $ 15 so in total a $ 20 book will cost me $ 85. Ridiculous.
    Yes totally they are killing the business with their ridiculous tax

Veteran badges

Do not forget the official "znak" given to all veterans of the great Patriotic war for the 25th anniversary (here a brass version) .

Indeed, forgot about that one. I have one of these as part of a larger grouping (bottom row, 4th from the left):

Veteran badges
    Veteran badges

Hi Marcel,

As promised I dug out these from my odds and ends box. They all came with other items or as "curiosity" pickups.

I have not really paid much attention to them but I believe they are all either veterans or commemorative badges and all the naval badges apart from one are made of brass and enamel.

These are just a couple of quick reference pics so if you want to see any in more detail send me a PM with an email address and I will take larger images.

Regards

Mark

Veteran badgesVeteran badges
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-09-2022 at 04:49 PM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks for showing yours. There's some really nice ones there. I especially like the airforce badge, first pic bottom left. Which regiment or division is that one?

About these veteran badges; for now these are just commemorative badges with little value but I really think that in the future these also become more expensive collectables. Especially since original WW2 period awards are getting more and more expensive. So best to buy this now when they are still offered very cheap

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Thanks for showing yours. There's some really nice ones there. I especially like the airforce badge, first pic bottom left. Which regiment or division is that one?
    It's 13th VA

Veteran badges

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-09-2022 at 05:00 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

On its way to me now: Veteran of 2nd Shock Army

Veteran badgesVeteran badges

Veteran badgesVeteran badgesVeteran badges I have recently bought the book and my first Veteran medal.
    As you say Marcel these are affordable yet fascinating items to collect and I am eyeing some more to purchase.
    Hopefully this thread will grow as we show our items

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Veteran badgesThis one is in transit
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very nice Nick! Did you buy the book in Europe? Still searching myself without any luck. Looking forward to see which other badges you're gonna show here

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast