Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Veteran badges

Article about: Is anyone here collecting veteran badges? I only recently started to dive a bit deeper into the world of collecting veteran pins and badges and I must say there are many very nice badges. Wh

Thanks Nick! They pour in indeed haha but so far these are still very affordable (inbetween € 5 and € 25) so it doesn't really hit hard financially. Plus, they are fun to collect

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veteran badges
    P
    Many

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Thanks Nick! They pour in indeed haha but so farthese are still very affordable (inbetween € 5 and € 25) so it doesn't really hit hard financially. Plus, they are fun to collect
    I couldn’t agree more Marcel! Keep ‘em coming ….They are fascinating items
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Naval Fleet veteran. Don't yet know if this is for submariners only due to the design. Have no info on this badge yet.

Attachment 1561925Attachment 1561926
    I expect it is specific to the submarine service for the obvious reason but as it commemorates the war as a whole and as you know the inscription refers to the Soviet Navy in general ("Military Maritime Fleet of the USSR" aka the Navy) it seems to be a generic branch of service badge. It would be interesting to know for sure.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I have not come across this badge anywhere else. But, there were made so many veteran badges that it almost seems an impossible task to collect them all and to know who made them. The majority is also made in limited numbers, usually less than 5000 from what I read somewhere.

50 Years Breaking the Leningrad Blockade:

Veteran badgesVeteran badges

Very nice Marcel! I have walked around that Naval monument a few times!
    Very apt receiving this one this week as the blockade was lifted on 27th January

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Been there as well at the monument though it's almost 10 years ago already. Time to go back since it's a very nice and beautiful city.
    And indeed, a very nice coincidence that is now is exactly 78 years since the blockade ended and 79 years since they managed to break the blockade to resupply the city again

Veteran badgesVeteran badges

First one just arrived from Ukraine….a couple more in transit.

I’m pleasantly surprised on the quality of these badges

Nick

Veteran badgesNext badge arrived this morning….

Veteran of the 54th Army- Defender of Leningrad

Fronts
    Volkhov, Leningrad and 3rd Baltic fronts

Combat Operations
    1941 Leningrad strategic defensive operation, Tikhvin defensive operation
    1942 Luban defensive operation
    1944 Leningrad- Novgorod operation
    1944 Pskov-Ostrov and Riga operations

Nick

Veteran badgesVeteran badgesThis Veteran ‘Frontovik’ badge was already in my collection and I noticed it in Schmitts book.
    The central motive statue is in Treptow Park, Berlin.
    ‘Frontovik’ was an affectionate, reverent name for a GPW veteran similar to the German Landser.
    This is the only veteran znachok encountered with a clutch back fastener.
    Documents indicate this was awarded in conjunction with the 2000 Victory Day celebration.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast