Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Victory over Japan with documents

Article about: Gentlemen, With Ade showing his wonderful awards, I have shooked off my laziness and have scanned one of the latest medals I have incorporated to my collection. It is a variation 2 medal, th

Default Victory over Japan with documents

Gentlemen,

With Ade showing his wonderful awards, I have shooked off my laziness and have scanned one of the latest medals I have incorporated to my collection.

It is a variation 2 medal, the ear of medal is a U-shaped, one-pieced stamp. It came with the doc certificate, as well as another document which I assume is related to the medal, but have no clue as to what it stands for. Maybe you guys can help me find out.

Regards,

Gus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Victory over Japan with documents   Victory over Japan with documents  

Victory over Japan with documents  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Victory over Japan with documents
    P
    Many

Default Re: Victory over Japan with documents

P.S.

The scratch that goes through Uncle Joe´s face is not in the medal, it must have been a hair in the scanner glass.

Regards,

Gus

Ed_Haynes
    ?

Especially nice in that it seems to include the temporary (as well as permanent) certificate. Very nice and rare!

My Russian is not up to the challenge, though.

Quote by Ed_Haynes View Post
    Especially nice in that it seems to include the temporary (as well as permanent) certificate. Very nice and rare!

My Russian is not up to the challenge, though.
    Ed,

Thanks for your comment. The dealer had no idea of what the handwritten document was, but I also suspect that it is the temporary certificate.

These medals are still cheap to buy, but even counting with the fact that they were issued by the millions, I have noticed they are increasing the price slowly but steadily. So it is the right moment to grab one IMHO.

Regards,

Gus

Hi Gus, thanks for sharing it. I don't have any awards with documents yet.

Sadly my Russian is lacking too. I am at the "man, woman, cat, dog, etc" stage of learning

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Gus, your document is very rare to see, don´t lose congrats.
    David.

?

Sorry for digging up an old topic.

The second documents states that Georgy Timofeyevich Perfilyev hadn't received the Victory over Japan Medal when he left his unit after the war and that he should receive it. It was written up by a Captain of Quartermaster Service of the Transbaikal Front on 4 December 1945.

So it is not a temporary certificate, and unfortunately the upper certificate is to a different guy, namely Junior Lieutenant Yevgeny Vladimirovich Bogdanov.

Quote by Auke View Post
    Sorry for digging up an old topic.

The second documents states that Georgy Timofeyevich Perfilyev hadn't received the Victory over Japan Medal when he left his unit after the war and that he should receive it. It was written up by a Captain of Quartermaster Service of the Transbaikal Front on 4 December 1945.

So it is not a temporary certificate, and unfortunately the upper certificate is to a different guy, namely Junior Lieutenant Yevgeny Vladimirovich Bogdanov.
    Auke,

Thanks for the update on the doc. So the first document is something like a statement from the captain, if I understood your post.

Do you think it was made so Georgy Timofeyevich Perfilyev could demand his medal to the authorities?

Regarding the proper certificate, I had already noticed it was not awarded to the same soldier, which is a shame, as it would have been a nice grouping.

Best regards,

Gus

nice grouping,,,

?

Gus, I'm not sure to whom the document was written. It only says that the guy "has the right to receive the Medal for the Victory over Japan" but that he hadn't received it when leaving the unit. So maybe this document was sent to his regional military commissariat (RVK), that was authorized to award these medals?

By the way, I think the combination of temporary certificate and permanent certificate would be extremely rare, since the temporary document would have been thrown away or archived when the permanent certificate was written up.