Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Where to find Russian Awards?

Article about: I am thinking on trying to collect some modern Russian medals, and awards. However, I am completely unsure on where I can find such awards. Trusted and/or well known sites like medalsmarket,

Default Where to find Russian Awards?

I am thinking on trying to collect some modern Russian medals, and awards. However, I am completely unsure on where I can find such awards. Trusted and/or well known sites like medalsmarket, sovietorders, military shops in various places, eBay don’t seem to offer such awards like Order of Courage or Medal for Merit to the Fatherland, from the modern day Russian Federation. The only available ones are seemingly the commemoration medals for the Great Patriotic War. I want to know if any of you may know where I can find originals. Apologies if this is the wrong section to post this question.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where to find Russian Awards?
    P
    Many

I don't have any outlets for you, but I suspect this might be a real challenge for several reasons. First, the awardee is likely to still be alive and the careless family member isn't in possession of them. Second, lots of GPW awards flowed right after the collapse of the soviet union, Setting aside any discussion of the last 18 months, the Russian economy has improved greatly. Third, Russia prohibits the export of these medals (including those from the GPW) and is more serious about it than in the past. Four, there are not lots of medals in Former SU countries who don't have such limitations.

Having said that, I really look forward to hearing of your adventure and success!

You do have a good point, it is very understandable. It seems like the only possibility to find such items would be as war-trophies from Ukraine, and very few defectors. Even replicas and copies are too hard to find. Those that do exist are terrible Chinese knockoffs.

It also seems to be very hard to find Imperial items too. I believe much of Imperial medals and awards were destroyed after the revolution.