Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this WW2?? or Post war?? or Repro?

Article about: Hello!! pic of what is advertised as a Commissar sleeve star from WW2. I do not have a pic of the back, but says its black cotton backing. Is it WW2, or a reproduction? or is it post war? ho

Default Is this WW2?? or Post war?? or Repro?

Hello!! pic of what is advertised as a Commissar sleeve star from WW2. I do not have a pic of the back, but says its black cotton backing.

Is it WW2, or a reproduction? or is it post war? how big are these stars usually?

Thanks for any help and info.
    Regards, Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images Is this WW2?? or Post war?? or Repro? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this WW2?? or Post war?? or Repro?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this WW2?? or Post war?? or Repro?

Hi,
    In my opinion, is a reproduction.
    Regards.
    Philippe

looks bad to me.

Hi Steve, be very careful buying these, most are copies. I wish I could show an original for you, but I don't have one. But a friend of mine does.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello guys, thats what i thought also. Was not going to buy, just to check this fellows "Guaranteed pre 45" Commissar star. There is tons of falsely advertised Soviet items. It helps with the inexperienced collectors that Russian gear and insignia etc did not change much, if at all for quite a while after the war.

Regards, steve

Heres a pair of stars i have . They all seem to be constructed in a similar way on sheets of backed khaki wool . THe bullion normally is tarnished and the back usually shows like i have photographed.They measure just over 5cm to the edge of red border star tips , this varies only very slightly .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this WW2?? or Post war?? or Repro?   Is this WW2?? or Post war?? or Repro?  

Is this WW2?? or Post war?? or Repro?  

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Heres a pair of stars i have . They all seem to be constructed in a similar way on sheets of backed khaki wool . THe bullion normally is tarnished and the back usually shows like i have photographed.They measure just over 5cm to the edge of red border star tips , this varies only very slightly .
    Note the red border of the stars are in high reliefand quite rounded . THere may be exceptions but all the ones ive seen are manufactured to a high standard.

Steve,

Our own Dimas, of Espenlaub Militaria, has originals for sale. Check out his site.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Steve,

Our own Dimas, of Espenlaub Militaria, has originals for sale. Check out his site.

Bob Hritz
    Hi Bob, thanks. I also saw the ones you mention, nice. I just really wanted to learn about them for future, in case I have the extra cash to pick one up. I like the stars that were shown also, you can definitely see the quality difference in orig and repros.

Regards, Steve