Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

An American Air Force Medal of Honor

Article about: Here, the question is not whether it is real or not, the question is whether I deserve to have it, not being American, I wonder if I should buy it or not, asking 3,200 dollars, I have always

Default An American Air Force Medal of Honor

Here, the question is not whether it is real or not, the question is whether I deserve to have it, not being American, I wonder if I should buy it or not, asking 3,200 dollars, I have always wanted and more in the Air Force... what you think?

thanks friends,

Dan

An American Air Force Medal of HonorAn American Air Force Medal of HonorAn American Air Force Medal of HonorAn American Air Force Medal of HonorAn American Air Force Medal of HonorAn American Air Force Medal of Honor

These are being reproduced nowadays in all configurations...I advise not buying unless you have solid provenance.
    Glenn

Without iron-clad provenance, I would never consider spending substantial money like this on a MOH. The manufacturer of them admitted that they had made "extras" and had "back-door sold them to collectors", so, unless you can trace it back to a single recipient, I certainly would not. And then, of course, you will run into the age old controversy of can you legally purchase it? If you are living in Alabama, I would not want to chance it-whether a US citizen or not. If it would be confiscated, they do not refund purchase prices, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

If you live in the USA(CONUS) and according to to your location you do "Birmingham AL"

You might want to read this thread form USMF about the ownership of MOH.

Medal of Honor Buying/Selling/Possession - MEDALS & DECORATIONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

EMedals is located in Canada so they can sell it,So if you do not live with in the CONUS there would be no problem.

Semper Fi
    Phil

'Stolen Valor Act'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I just came back to this after posting my reply and partaking in some refreshments and Damn you guys type fast and already expressed my concerns about this item

Semper Fi
    Phil

Of course its just my opinion and others may differ, but as a collector of British medals I would want some provenance if I was going to drop that kind of money. Having said that, I suppose an example with solid provenance would cost considerably more?

The Stolen Valor Act was Repealed in 2013 by the US Supreme Court...
    cheers, Glenn

?

This looks like one of the LI (Lordship Industries) medals that were sold out the back door in the 1960's. They were the sole maker of the MOH for the US Government and it led to the contract being canceled and hefty fines etc. So yes, most likely original but unissued. An email to the seller asking for a picture of the makers mark should help clear it up for sure.
    As for your other questions, I see no problem owning it from a moral point of view as long as you don't pretend you were awarded it! As far as the SVA goes, I did hear that it had been scrapped but you may want to look into that further.

Ironically...some of the best fakes being made today are being produced in....Germany!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast