MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

American Occupation Medal

Article about: Just picked this up in mint condition...(.divice for the berlin airlift). can anyone explain the different type of boxes thare are for these medals as in the time frame they were awarded..th

Default American Occupation Medal

Just picked this up in mint condition...(.divice for the berlin airlift).
    can anyone explain the different type of boxes thare are for these medals as in the time frame they were awarded..thare are lots of these medals for auction on ebay and you can get them cheap...
    you hear rumours of fake stuff from china or replacement medals...so i would be pleased if anyone who collects us ww2 period medals could help...
    thanks...

Classes struggle, some classes triumph, others are eliminated. Such is history, such is the history of civilization for thousands of years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture American Occupation Medal  

?

Default Re: American Occupation Medal

The medal in the photo is a re-strike. The DLA number and bar code are a dead giveaway. It is dated 1988.

The WW2 medals were issued in a small blue cardboard box with a paper lable affixed to one of the ends of the lid. Inside the box the medals are attached to a blue faux velvet piece of cardboard.

I will post a few pics later of some different type boxes and lables.

Josey

Default Re: American Occupation Medal

Hi josey..thanks for your reply...thought as much...i have a few more in different boxes...