Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Any relatives in the RN?

Article about: Hi Dave, that is indeed a sad story. But thanks for telling it here. Hi Stewy, you have got to research your Great Uncle! Hi Al, it is great that you have the documents and the medals That h

Default Re: Any relatives in the RN

Hi Ade,i'm pretty sure it's Stanley Frederick Johnson. As the family were from Sussex. I'll do some checks to make sure,but he does tie in with what i know. Regards Stewy S

?

Default Re: Any relatives in the RN?

I was going through some paperwork the other day and came across this nice programme of dances that my father had brought back from Boston ( see my first post ) It was from a " do " that had been organised by the C.O. of HMS Leander Capt. R.J.O. Otway-Ruthven , to celebrate VJ Day that was 4 day`s previous . As you can see it was held in the Boston City Club with music by the Royal Marines Orchestra . I was really pleased to find this Can you imagine what it must have been like being a British sailor in uniform in America celebrating VJ Day..........Oh those girls !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any relatives in the RN?   Any relatives in the RN?  

Any relatives in the RN?  
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Default Re: Any relatives in the RN?

a couple more photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any relatives in the RN?   Any relatives in the RN?  

Any relatives in the RN?  
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3