Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Awesome U.S. Insignia Grouping

Article about: I always try to make the rounds at my local antique stores every once and awhile. Most of the time I leave empty handed, but today was certainly 'At least one my book' a really good haul. I

Default Awesome U.S. Insignia Grouping

I always try to make the rounds at my local antique stores every once and awhile. Most of the time I leave empty handed, but today was certainly 'At least in my book' a really good haul.

I went into one of those 'FuFu' type of antiques stores today. The type of place that advertises antiques, but mostly sells scented candles and roughed up rustic looking new made furniture. I was about to leave the shop after I thought there wasn’t anything I would be interested in, but thankfully the nice clerk who worked there asked me if I was looking for anything in particular.

I told her I collect WWII related military items, and she instantly pulled a small box out from the back room to show me. The box had a colorful assortment of U.S. ribbons bars and insignia. There were some really cool pieces in the box that I definitely wanted to buy. Here’s the icing on the cake..... Each piece was only priced at $3 each!!

I ended up buying all the pieces. For that price it was hard to turn down. Here’s what I got.

Three ribbon bars, including a Purple Heart.

I believe a navy pharmacists mate name tag

Gold gilded flight surgeons wings

And I think these last two items are DUIs, not 100% sure though

Just thought I would share this really cool find with you guys. It just goes to show you should never judge a book by its cover. I was prepared to write this shop off, but right when I was about to leave things turned around completely. I’m still in shock I was able to buy this entire group for only $21.

Awesome U.S. Insignia GroupingAwesome U.S. Insignia GroupingAwesome U.S. Insignia GroupingAwesome U.S. Insignia GroupingAwesome U.S. Insignia GroupingAwesome U.S. Insignia GroupingAwesome U.S. Insignia Grouping

?

Great score

?

The Pins are collar brass for aid to a One Star general

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    The Pins are collar brass for aid to a One Star general
    Oh wow, thanks! I had no idea they were for an aid to a one star general.

Best Regards- Jarret

Is that a gold flight nurse’s wing? Wow. Thats an incredibly rare find if original

The ribbon bars look to be navy sized. If they’re 1/2 wide than navy, if 3/8 inch army

Quote by Eagle mtn View Post
    The ribbon bars look to be navy sized. If they’re 1/2 wide than navy, if 3/8 inch army
    Good eye! They are in fact the 1/2 inch navy sized bars.

Best Regards- Jarret

?

I have encountered many Army bars in Navy size, as well. Not sure if they were soldiers assigned to Navy/Marine Corps bases, or if they just preferred the style

MAP
    ?

Those wings are fantastic

The grouping is great too. I give you 10x's the $3 price you paid! LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Those wings are fantastic

The grouping is great too. I give you 10x's the $3 price you paid! LoL
    I agree, it would have been a good buy at much more for the wing alone! Well found.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast