Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Congress Medal of Honor

Article about: Hi friends, a friend of mine bought a huge awesome collection of medals and between them this Medal of Honor...He asks me info about its authenticity. Thanks in advance

Default Congress Medal of Honor

Hi friends, a friend of mine bought a huge awesome collection of medals and between them this Medal of Honor...He asks me info about its authenticity. Thanks in advance

Congress Medal of HonorCongress Medal of HonorCongress Medal of HonorCongress Medal of HonorCongress Medal of Honor

I not an expert but I don’t like the way the two pieces don’t have the same patina. And the wreath looks too close to the hanging bar.

The Medal of Honor should always raise giant red flags because 1) not a common award 2) it is illegal to sell, buy, or reproduce the MOH in the USA and 3) this is not an award that just causally gets passed around.
    But they are reproduced overseas so most that are found are not authentic.

I've only ever seen these in museums. The above are all very good points regarding its authenticity. I doubt very many collectors have had in-hand experience with these

I can tell you that it is an Army MOH

Thanks for your replies. I have a question, were all of them named on the backside?