Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Czechoslovak Pre WWII Pilot Badge and miniature.

Article about: Hello, Here are pre-war Czechoslovakian pilot badge and miniature. I don't really have doubts if the badges are genuine, but any comments will be much appreciated. Sizes are: large badge 78x

Default Czechoslovak Pre WWII Pilot Badge and miniature.

Czechoslovak Pre WWII Pilot Badge and miniature.Czechoslovak Pre WWII Pilot Badge and miniature.Czechoslovak Pre WWII Pilot Badge and miniature.

Hello,

Here are pre-war Czechoslovakian pilot badge and miniature. I don't really have doubts if the badges are genuine, but any comments will be much appreciated. Sizes are: large badge 78x59 mm, mini:35x25 mm. gilding has completely gone from the large badge, but according to accompanying mini, it is a pilot badge.

My question is: would it be a good idea to have gilding restored on the wings and the crest, or would it be an unacceptable violation of authenticity of the item? Technically it can be done by almost any goldsmith and is not worth a fortune.

Yes correct, and leave alone do not regild it.

It’s very nice. I have the Observer version that was awarded to a RAF Wireless Operator. Same size, but made by Spink for the Free Czech Airforce operating out of the UK.