Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Erfurt "Fur treue in der arbeit" medal question

Article about: I was wondering if anyone would know why this medal was given "To Erfurt Chamber of Commerce and Industry" "for loyal in the labor". Thanks to Ade I was able to translate

HDTony
    ?

Default Erfurt "Fur treue in der arbeit" medal question

I was wondering if anyone would know why this medal was given "To Erfurt Chamber of Commerce and Industry" "for loyal in the labor". Thanks to Ade I was able to translate this one. See his guidance is helping !
    Attached Images Attached Images Erfurt "Fur treue in der arbeit" medal question  Erfurt "Fur treue in der arbeit" medal question 
    Last edited by Nick VR; 12-20-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Changed title

Default Re: Labor Medal

Hi Tony, I am always pleased to try and help where I can. It is a nice feeling to discover stuff yourself, once you know where to look of course.

This medal (which I am not familiar with) will be one of the many issued by the various German States or in this case a city, prior to the Nazi's coming to power to reward long and faithful service in trade & industry. All I can tell you is it will be pre 1933 in date. Certainly original.

Cheers, Ade.

HDTony
    ?

Hi Ade, and thank you again. You are so right and it is nice to have a direction to look in, as with many new collectore we lack direction because of just not knowing. With all the phoney material out in the field it is nice to come up with a few good items every now and than.
    Tony

Hi Tony

I agree with Adrian, definitely original and pre 1933, from the city of Erfurt...

Greetz

Nick VR

HDTony
    ?

Default Re: Erfurt "Fur treue in der arbeit" medal question

HI Nick VR

Thank you, it is nice to see some differant ones every now and than, and I seem to find some strange stuff. After I translated it I was thinking of the work done on the early Lugers. I had seen pictures of a few with Erfurt on them and thought it would be nice if this was given for there effort.

Tony

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.