Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Expert Marksman badge questions

Article about: Same Wisconsin soldier lot. He apparently was very proud of his Carbine Expert Marksman qualification since he purchased 3 badges. (On the reverse perspecitve): I know the first is a clutch

Default Expert Marksman badge questions

Same Wisconsin soldier lot. He apparently was very proud of his Carbine Expert Marksman qualification since he purchased 3 badges. (On the reverse perspecitve):

I know the first is a clutch back. I don't really have any questions on that one.

The second one has a catch that looks like one you would see on a German badge.
    What is the significance of this? Period repair? Overseas manufacture?

I have never seen an attachment pin like the one on the far right? What is that and what is the significance?

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you!
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Expert Marksman badge questions   Expert Marksman badge questions  

Default Re: Expert Marksman badge questions

Anyone have any thoughts on the top row of badges? Thanks, Brian

Default Re: Expert Marksman badge questions

Sometimes the badges weren't available at the time required. If you were in a foreign country you would contract a craftsman to make what you needed. Therefore you wouldn't have too many of them available. The badge on the right with the curly pin looks to be that. The lack of previous pins would indicate it was made like that. The variation of the wreath on the front would back it up. Nice little peice at that.