Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Expert Rifleman's badge

Article about: Hi all, Does any one know if this is WWII or post war "expert rifleman" badge. How and were was it worn on the uniform. The backing is odd. No signs of loops that might have been a

Default Expert Rifleman's badge

Hi all,

Does any one know if this is WWII or post war "expert rifleman" badge. How and were was it worn on the uniform. The backing is odd. No signs of loops that might have been attached to the badge.

Thanks
    SkipExpert Rifleman's badgeExpert Rifleman's badgeExpert Rifleman's badge

?

Default Re: Expert Rifleman's badge

Morning Skip I see you are having a hard time tracking this one down no response on The US Military Forum either it is a little on the unusual side as there are no loops on the bottom for attaching other awards and I can not find one the same to compare it to .
    The only reference I have been able to find to badges like this refer to them being civilian awards 1942 I have seen two examples that were near matches in construction but were for the (expert marksman) .

Regards Mark K

Default Re: Expert Rifleman's badge

Morning Mark,

Yes, it has been difficult to find the exact purpose of this badge. There are similar ones between WWI and WWII, but the backing is different and they all had loops, mine never did and as mentioned the backing is odd for a military

skip badge such as this one.