Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

French Lapel Pins - Airborne Unit? – ‘Bon Pour Le Filles’

Article about: Hello all, Has anyone seen these before? I have been sent these badges from a relative in France. They didn’t know much about them. The French translates to ‘Good’ and ‘Good for Girl

Default French Lapel Pins - Airborne Unit? – ‘Bon Pour Le Filles’

Hello all,

Has anyone seen these before?

I have been sent these badges from a relative in France. They didn’t know much about them.
    The French translates to ‘Good’ and ‘Good for Girls’. ‘1950’ a date? The larger badge has an Airborne insignia. I can’t seem to find much info on the internet. Some people call them ‘conscript’ badges.
    I am going to guess they may be related to some type of formal-wear bling for dinners, balls etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Lapel Pins - Airborne Unit? – ‘Bon Pour Le Filles’   French Lapel Pins - Airborne Unit? – ‘Bon Pour Le Filles’  

French Lapel Pins - Airborne Unit? – ‘Bon Pour Le Filles’  

Hello, before, the army, you must have one medical exam. If all is OK with the medecine, you are OK to go to the Army and good for women....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Hello,
    Many thanks for taking to time to help me!
    Cheers!

Hi christek,

A beautiful trio of lapel pins. They definitely piqued my interest, so much so that I engaged in an internet search about them. From what I discovered the pins were given to conscripts upon graduating/passing out; hence the year in your photo. There seem to be two different "categories" so to speak:
    *Bon les pour Service (Good for Service)
    *Bon les pour Filles (Good for Girls). I think this one roughly translates to "Fit for marriage" ???

The early examples I found also had small photographic portraits attached as well.

Yours look in great condition compared to the ones I saw online. Perhaps you've encouraged me to expand my collection beyond the usual sharp and dangerous items I'm usually drawn to

Thanks for sharing these! Hope you can find out more about them.

It's from the the 50's....not now !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/