Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hello could any one tell me what i need to look out for with Us medals.

Article about: Im thinking of getting a korean service medal and a vietnam service medal. Both are being sold as unissued in their original case. I dont know much about us medals so i hope someone is an ex

Default Re: Hello could any one tell me what i need to look out for with Us medals.

Quote by Wolfe1165 View Post
    I can't comment on the Vietnam service, but the Korean service looks like a good period piece to me. Not a bad price for the two either! There are still replacements being made for both these medals. So as Javelin said, these aren't really faked... more of a question of time frame.
    Its good news to hear. Both are my first American medals and militaria. I think now i may move onto some ww2 common medals and research alot of it before i go out and get a more exspensive/rare medal.
    But thanks again for the help , im happy that i didnt spend my money on a fake item.
    Daniel

Default Re: Hello could any one tell me what i need to look out for with Us medals.

I know for a fact that the Vietnam is legit because I have the exact same type in the plastic and box as part of my display as Wolfe said, there are replacements being made for period issue pieces, but the replacements are very easy to catch if you come across one.

Alex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2