Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help With Id of WW2 AAC medals from picture

Article about: The NARA info was minimal at best, one card had Bronze star typed on it and another one had Air medal. For the amount of time in service, I added the good cookie, The ribbon bar that I got f

?

Default Re: Help With Id of WW2 AAC medals from picture

The NARA info was minimal at best, one card had Bronze star typed on it and another one had Air medal. For the amount of time in service, I added the good cookie, The ribbon bar that I got for this came with the WW2 US Victory and a Army of Occupation ribbons. He wasn't there to be considered for the Army of Occupation since he was liberated from Stalag 17B after a forced march of 281 miles just out side of the town of Braunau,Austria on the 26 0f April 1945 and then flown to Camp Lucky Strke then on to Istres France for his flight home. So he would not have been awarded the AOO,but would have been awarded the Victoy medal. I'm still not sure how to do the Shadow box with the Ribbons. I was think of just showing what was in the Pic's of him ,then thought maybe just have them all. I still have not made up my mind yet. So during WW2 how many ribbons are on a row at one time, 3 per row? like his lower row or, did you move up to 4 depending on how many awards you received?
    Semepr Fi
    Phil

There is a specific method for placing the ribbons for wear - I have to
    find it and refresh my memory. It's in one of the many books.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve. What I did was ask one of the Decorated Warriors where I work (MCAS) and its 3 three across up to till it gets up to your tip of your collar then its 4 across. For the 8 I need it would be 3,3,2....
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Meaning two on the top row, followed by two rows of three..........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Yes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2