Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with medal bar VC winner

Article about: Help needed with this medal bar please , Does anyone know who the brave owner of these medals was ? , Thank you for any help

Default Help needed with medal bar VC winner

Help needed with this medal bar please , Does anyone know who the brave owner of these medals was ? , Thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with medal bar VC winner   Help needed with medal bar VC winner  

mjw
    ?

I do not believe this to be a ribbon bar for a Victoria Cross winner. The first ribbon does not have the miniature bronze emblem worn by VC recipients. I believe this is a ribbon bar that belonged to an officer awarded the Most Honourable Order of the Bath.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Thank you you may be right there

Quote by mjw View Post
    I do not believe this to be a ribbon bar for a Victoria Cross winner. The first ribbon does not have the miniature bronze emblem worn by VC recipients. I believe this is a ribbon bar that belonged to an officer awarded the Most Honourable Order of the Bath.

Kind regards, Malcolm.
    I agree but with the combination including the DSO and a military OBE as well as the Mons trio and other awards with oakleaves it should be possible to tie it down to most likely a single possibility with some research.

Do let us know if you work it out!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you both i will see what i can find , regards Ian