Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

How much is my medal with its original box worth?

Article about: Hello, I am looking for some help valuing my 1939-1945 war medal. It is in its original box, and has been named. I own a few of these medals as they were issued to a lot of people and I know

Default How much is my medal with its original box worth?

Hello,
    I am looking for some help valuing my 1939-1945 war medal. It is in its original box, and has been named.

I own a few of these medals as they were issued to a lot of people and I know the value of these normally, but this is the only one in it’s original box that I own. Does it having the box make it more valuable?

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How much is my medal with its original box worth?   How much is my medal with its original box worth?  

How much is my medal with its original box worth?   How much is my medal with its original box worth?  

How much is my medal with its original box worth?  

Sorry, we don't do evaluations here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

These usually run you 30 aussie dollaryoos when they pop up with dealers and ebay down here with or without box . So convert that into your currency, hope it helps.

Sorry, rbminis. My bad.

Thanks for the info, KMMorris.

As Ralph says, we do not give valuations here which is for very good reason which have been discussed here very many times.

However, what I will say as the naming of this medal is not official and adds absolutely nothing to the value. It might even detract in the eyes of a purist because it is hand engraved with a rotating tool rather than being officially impressed. This could have been done at any time and by anyone. Australian and South African medals were officially impressed but this is not one of those.
    The box adds nothing either especially being unmarked for fairly standard reasons.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Sorry for asking for values, Watchdog. There isn’t a way to delete posts, is there? I will delete this thread if there is.

Thanks for the info, and sorry again.

Leave the thread as is, it's still interesting to see regards,Paul