Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War combat armor badge

Article about: Hello everyone, I recently picked up this combat armor badge which I believe to be an authentic piece. While I don't know a whole lot about these unofficial badges, the price was pretty nice

Default Korean War combat armor badge

Hello everyone, I recently picked up this combat armor badge which I believe to be an authentic piece. While I don't know a whole lot about these unofficial badges, the price was pretty nice. I looked it over and it seems good to me, it's got a nice heavy feel to it, there's a little bit of pitting on the green field, and it came on a piece of card stock which was quite yellowed. Like I said, I'm no expert on these so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks allKorean War combat armor badgeKorean War combat armor badgeKorean War combat armor badge

Hi there

These were unofficial Combat Armour Badge in the same vein as the Blue Combat Infantryman's Badge.
    They also existed in yellow bar with crossed Cavalry Sabre (Cavalry) and red bar with crossed artillery cannons for combat Artillery Badge. They were never authorized and came out some time in the early mid 50's.

Phill

Phill

This one could be placed anywhere from the 60's to the 80's IMO,
    judging by the pins and overall look to the piece.........
    Attached Images Attached Images Korean War combat armor badge 
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm still trying to research these a bit but it has been hard since I can't find a lot of originals to compare them to.