Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Legion of Merit Award - Chief Commander

Article about: What are peoples thoughts on this one. And what era would you think this example is from? I'm on the fence. But not really well versed in them. The white enameling in the stars is a bit slop

MAP
    ?

Default Legion of Merit Award - Chief Commander

What are peoples thoughts on this one. And what era would you think this example is from?

I'm on the fence. But not really well versed in them.

The white enameling in the stars is a bit sloppy and not are large as examples I've seen in the "Call of Duty" reference book. And the hinge attachment is slightly different.

Other wise it looks ok.

This may all be fine as these awards were made from the 40's to current era, so I'm sure there are variations and different makers. I just have little experience.

Thanks!

M

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

As a comparison, please look at my lower grade examples. Definitely variances between these two WW2 era examples. But still not as messy.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Legion of Merit Award - Chief Commander Legion of Merit Award - Chief CommanderLegion of Merit Award - Chief CommanderI’d say this is a 1960s or later strike. The toning and enamel are good but not of the quality of the WW2 and 1950s strikes. The rivets holding the plaque are larger than the 1970s CORA made shiny examples. The pun catch us a one piece bent wire which differs from earlier manufactured pieces. The detail on the stars is the tell. Post war and later strikes have less detailed stars with lesser detailed enamel all around. I’ve taken the liberty of posting a WW2 and immediate post war examples for reference.