Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

My WW2 British Campaign Medals

Article about: I was looking around my collection for things to post that I haven’t posted before and thought you guys might like to see this. I have built up this set over a quite a bit of time. I never

?

Default My WW2 British Campaign Medals

I was looking around my collection for things to post that I haven’t posted before and thought you guys might like to see this.

I have built up this set over a quite a bit of time. I never really intend on buying these online from dealers rather I tried to source these locally. All but one have been found in local antique shops or antique fairs for less than £20!

It’s not quite the complete set however. I am yet to get the Burma star which is easily found online but I wish to find locally as well. The Air Crew Europe star which I doubt I will get locally or online And the artic star but that was only released a few years ago so I am not sure if it counts in this set if I bought one of the modern copies.

For being quite basic medals the ribbons Certainly make up for it adding a nice eye catching display to my shelf. I feel these medals are under appreciated! I have certainly under appreciated them in the past, I remember passing a few medal groups back in the day at antique fairs since I didn’t know much about them then

Thanks for having a look guys!

The medals from Left to right go
    • 1939-1945 Star
    • Atlantic Star
    • Africa Star
    • Pacific Star
    • Italy Star
    • France and Germany Star

Nice set! I’ve been meaning to do this myself of course being in the states it would be near impossible for me to find them locally. Great discipline on your part!

?

Those are very nice.
    I don't collect them. But I find them interesting and willing to learn something here.
    I see that one has the bar on it for France and Germany.
    Would it be possible to list which campaign the other ribbons represent?

That is great to be able to find them locally.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Ah thanks for pointing that out Phil that was something I was meant to add. I shall go edit the post!

That France and Germany clasp is on the Atlantic star. The person earned the Atlantic star first but since it is impossible for one individual to have more than a certain amount of campaign medals. He got a clasp instead for his service later in Europe