Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need help - Is this source selling authentic items or fakes, help with authentication

Article about: WW2 Canadian Medals 1939-45 Star, France Germany Star, Overseas Clasp, JR Gaunt | eBay I own a small collection of German items, and am just getting into collecting allied items, and am inte

Default Need help - Is this source selling authentic items or fakes, help with authentication

WW2 Canadian Medals 1939-45 Star, France Germany Star, Overseas Clasp, JR Gaunt | eBay

I own a small collection of German items, and am just getting into collecting allied items, and am interested in some Canadian awards. Scrolling through eBay I stumbled on this bid, and am wondering if anyone can prove that these medals are authentic, as I am going for a completely real collection

Welcome aboard!

The medals all look fine to me. Weave for the ribbons is period correct, and the medals themselves have the wear and patina to be expected for their age. The ribbon for the 1939-45 Star seems to be a bit off-colour, but looks like it's just faded a little. A nice legitimate group in my eyes.

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum CD74.

We strongly "encourage" (i.e. require) per forum rules that all items are uploaded directly to the forum instead of providing links. Otherwise this tread becomes useless once the link is down

This "How To" guide will help you.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Regards,

M

Need help - Is this source selling authentic items or fakes, help with authenticationNeed help - Is this source selling authentic items or fakes, help with authenticationNeed help - Is this source selling authentic items or fakes, help with authenticationNeed help - Is this source selling authentic items or fakes, help with authenticationNeed help - Is this source selling authentic items or fakes, help with authenticationNeed help - Is this source selling authentic items or fakes, help with authentication
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the help with this, appreciate the support

Yep, as stated above this looks like a perfectly good group. The Canadian Volunteer Service Medal (plus the overseas service bar) is not often here in UK.

The maker mark for Gaunt (a prolific maker of badges etc in UK to this day) is most likey just relevant to the brooch bar. The medals are official mint made.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."