Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions wanted on Canadian WW1 War Medal

Article about: Hi all, Just picked up this WW1 War Medal named to a Pte. Louis Forkrud of the 238th Canadian Infantry. I was able to find his name in a roll for the 238th, so no doubt about who he was. I d

?

Default Opinions wanted on Canadian WW1 War Medal

Hi all,

Just picked up this WW1 War Medal named to a Pte. Louis Forkrud of the 238th Canadian Infantry. I was able to find his name in a roll for the 238th, so no doubt about who he was. I didn't find his name on the Canadian government database but on a separate site.

What I'm a little worried about is the look though. The material/look appear to be different (a little glossy and a dark grey instead of the normal silver) and the impressing appears to be done quite poorly. Any thoughts on why this might be? Would be a very odd fake as It took me a little to find this soldier and I haven't heard of/seen any fake WW1 war medals

Any opinions welcome

Thanks,

Opinions wanted on Canadian WW1 War MedalOpinions wanted on Canadian WW1 War MedalOpinions wanted on Canadian WW1 War MedalOpinions wanted on Canadian WW1 War MedalOpinions wanted on Canadian WW1 War Medal

There are fake/copies of great war medals.

The naming is often poorly done on British issues, I don't know if that is different for Canadians. Sometimes medals are renamed to replace the lost original, but generally otherwise only famous medals were faked, IE for VC winners etc
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have no concerns about originality.

I have got to handle a lot of War Medals at work over the years. Tone of the silver can vary a lot due to storage or cleaning.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have no concerns about originality.

I have got to handle a lot of War Medals at work over the years. Tone of the silver can vary a lot due to storage or cleaning.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade,

Glad to hear that from you! Haven't handled as many myself so was the first time I've seen one of this tone.

Best