Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help me identify two badges

Article about: Hello, Has anyone got a clue what is the name of these badges ? Wasn't sure where should I place this thread as I have got no idea where these bagdes are coming from. Will be very grateful f

1949jan
    ?

Default Please help me identify two badges

Hello,

Has anyone got a clue what is the name of these badges ?
    Wasn't sure where should I place this thread as I have got no idea where these bagdes are coming from.

Will be very grateful for any help to identify any of them.
    Best regards,
    1949jan
    Attached Images Attached Images Please help me identify two badges  Please help me identify two badges 

?

Default Re: Please help me identify two badges

the right looks familiar for me. The bird with sword and those stripes reminds me the hungarian symbols /4 red-4 white--- "Árpád-stripes"/ - Exept, I think it's a pidgeon, not eagle. I don't know what is this, but nearly 100% hungarian. Maybe military school badge /the hungarist movement was my first tip, but these leaves looks official/ Wartime or not, don't guess.

1949jan
    ?

Thanks for Your opinion. The eagle is probably Turul - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...l-Tb-front.jpg

Quote by 1949jan View Post
    Thanks for Your opinion. The eagle is probably Turul - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...l-Tb-front.jpg
    The "Turul" eagle shown on the cairn looks to have a golden crown on it's head, where the
    'eagle' on the badge has no crown. (I cannot get the photo to enlarge)

Is there a maker on the reverse?

Regards, Steve.

?

Maybe. My first guess was this too, but all the Tutul figure has longer neck, wider wingspread, and eagle-like at all. About he lack of the crown I guess it is post war.
    Last edited by Elnar; 05-17-2010 at 12:10 AM.

1949jan
    ?

You are right, many differences. There is no mark of maker on the back, but I attached the photo of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Please help me identify two badges 

You are right, many differences. There is no mark of maker on the back, but I attached the photo of it.

Are 'red and white' the colours of Hungary ?
    I'm not familiar.....but if they are, then I'd probably say
    a post war Hungarian badge.

Regards, Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Are 'red and white' the colours of Hungary ?
    Hi, Steve. Not exactly. The red-white field the colours of historical Hungary, in the middle ages. But appear for today too. Part of the national coat of arms, and official military school, exreme natonalist groups, and reenactors use too. One - very comlicated - part of the nation's thousand years history.

The wartime badges has the Holy Crown, showing, the Kingdom status /without king.../. Very probable post war.

Hello, Elnar and 1949jan !

I've never seen a device on the reverse like that before...Is it screw-back ?
    Post-war military school badge, maybe.............?

( I know red and white horizontal stripes are Austria's National colours too.)

Regards, Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Red and White are Austrian national colours too.........

Of course, and some others. But the Austrian only two red and one white. Hungarian had 4 red, 4 white. The picture from 1375 "Illuminated Cronicle" - the two flags are royal hungarian /the double cross is the national, the stripes is the royal family. And this united the later kings, and used to present/

Post war school badge the mostly. The leaves can proove it. It's official symbol, on civilian badges rather appear. But not 100%.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast