Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal with George VI

Article about: Good Evening. Here I have the Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. It has the portrait ok King George VI, and as the Medal was instituted in 1951, this variant would have only been is

Default Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal with George VI

Good Evening. Here I have the Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal. It has the portrait ok King George VI, and as the Medal was instituted in 1951, this variant would have only been issued a year or so, surely. Is this a quite rare Medal, is it valuable? Or is it quite common? Thank you for any information.

Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal with George VI Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal with George VI

Just one thing that seems weird is that the suspension bar, and the Medal can twist. It doesn’t seem to be broken but it is an unusual feature.

?

Im not a medal guy and I've never seen this one before but would you not expect to see more patina on a 70 year old medal?

Not much on these type of medals, somehow. This medal, along with the Defence Medal and 1939-1945 War Medal, they never really get tons of patina.

This was made of cupronickel, which apparently does not rust or tarnish, even in harsh conditions. This would likely explain how it is still clean looking.

Here is the name on the medal. I tried searching the name but results aren’t very good when checking these names.

Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal with George VI Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal with George VI