Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

polish ? badge ? id and value

Article about: hi can anyone id this badge and possible value as i want to sell it regards mark

Default polish ? badge ? id and value

polish ? badge ?  id and valuepolish ? badge ?  id and value

hi can anyone id this badge and possible value as i want to sell it

regards mark

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    We will be able to assist you in determining if this is authentic and what it is but unfortunately, we are not a free appraisal service.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Mark, and welcome to the WRF. As Ralph has mentioned, we're happy to comment and authenticate as far as possible from digital photographs, but you'll need to look elsewhere for a market value appraisal.

You have a Gaunt & Son, London wartime production cap eagle, made for the Polish Armed Forces in the West. This was the smaller of the two official hat eagle sizes measuring at roughly 40mm high. These were typically applied to berets, GS and FS caps.

polish ? badge ?  id and value

Yours is complete with correct issue spinner, and judging from the condition is unissued. These were also produced with blade type fastening:

polish ? badge ?  id and value

Not particularly scarce, but desirable nonetheless.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

thanks for your time and info i totally understand about not giving it a market value , im thinking of keeping it and starting a new area of collecting !!

kind regards mark

Hi Mark,

It's a great start to a collection. Polish hat eagles were produced in many variations making this a fascinating and popular area of collecting. Here's the thread in the Polish corner of the forum devoted to the topic:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/polis...zie-1939-1947/

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne