Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Purple Heart

Article about: Hi all. I purchased this Purple Heart some days ago and it has arrived today. Tha case has some wear, but the medal itself is perfect and beautiful. I think it is a good one, not a fake. I h

?

Default Purple Heart

Hi all.

I purchased this Purple Heart some days ago and it has arrived today. Tha case has some wear, but the medal itself is perfect and beautiful. I think it is a good one, not a fake. I have been trying to date it. The engraving under the pin is G27, so I have been trying to date it, and I think it could be from the Gulf war or may be afghanistan war. As I have read on the internet, G27 means Graco Industries, Texas.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Purple Heart

Purple Heart

Purple Heart

Purple Heart

G27 is the code for Graco Awards inc.
    They started producing the PH in 1999 so yor medal can not be any earlier than that.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Yes, as Greg says, definitely a modern one from the GWOT era. For modern medals they aren’t “faked” as they are currently produced or reproduced for current issue or wear for a recipient or display purposes.

I will only echo what others have said.. Modern era Purple Heart but the presentation box is most likely a 1970s era award case. I would imagine the two (case and medal) were paired up at some point in order to sell as a set.. Good honest and complete set.. Many times the lapel pin or ribbon bar is missing..

Well done

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

Here's a biggie & mini from the same maker in my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Purple Heart   Purple Heart  

Regards
    René

?

Thank you for your comments.

I have taken a look again and I have been able to see that the lapel pin is G-GI marked, and the ribbon bar S-38.
    All same era?. The medal was marked G-27.

They will all be from the same era..

Most likely parts that were placed together to make a complete group, but none the less still a good set.

It is not uncommon to see mixed manufacturers with medal groupings, sometimes Veterans retained for example the lapel pin and a replacement was put in with the box..

Hard to say, unless the medal set came in a cardboard outer box and was never opened then you have a better chance of seeing all maker marked by the same company..

G-GI is Graco Manufacturing
    S-38 is for the company "The Supply Room" out of Anniston, Alabama

Here is a link to some of the US Manufacturers..

List of Manufacturers of U.S. Metal Emblems - HALLMARKS [REF] - U.S. Militaria Forum

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

?

Hi.

A very interesting and useful information.
    Thank you.