Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Purple hearts

Article about: Im wonder who sell those? if you gain them if you die or are badly woundend? i would not sell it due to respect... Is there any REAL out there ? in that case what do they normally costs and

Default Purple hearts

Im wonder who sell those? if you gain them if you die or are badly woundend? i would not sell it due to respect...

Is there any REAL out there ? in that case what do they normally costs and where to find?

/ Conny

Default Re: Purple hearts

You can sell Purple Hearts as well as buy them. You can find real ones anywhere from antique malls to eBay. I've seen them go anywhere for 100 to around 300 USD. Hope this helped!

Quote by KriegMann View Post
    You can sell Purple Hearts as well as buy them. You can find real ones anywhere from antique malls to eBay. I've seen them go anywhere for 100 to around 300 USD. Hope this helped!
    That would be the price for WWI and WWII purple hearts.
    chris

?

You are awarded the purple heart for being wounded or killed in combat, they are lots of real ones out there, but the price is different depending on what conflict it was issued in. A ww2 purple heart will be worth a little more than one issued in Vietnam.

Thanks, are there as much fakes of them as for other stuff?

?

fakes do exist but not as many as other medal types, because purple hearts are not that expensive or rare.

?

will rarely find a "fake" Purple Heart medal. BUT you WILL find fake engravings designed to make a medal worth relatively little in monetary terms, into a money spinner for the faker. There are 3 different categories of engraving on a Purple Heart. You have the officially government engraved examples, of which there are about 5(?) different styles, the privately done medals (by the person who was awarded them) and the fakes.
    I have a thread on the forum with some examples
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...upings-235668/

and I would also advise checking out this site
    The Purple Heart

Oh thanks i will!

i would say if you buy of a forum or from another collector you could pick up a ww2 one that is not named or numbered but in good condition for around prolly 50 to 60 dollars

Hm thats pretty cheap in my opinion,i would love to have one here among all other stuff