Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Republic of China Order of Blue Sky and White Sun

Article about: Greetings, a friend purchased this Order of Blue Sky and White Sun here locally and has asked for my help in getting some opinion as to authenticity. A check of the web has not yielded much

Default Republic of China Order of Blue Sky and White Sun

Greetings,

I'm not quite certain where best to locate this thread, so will try here. Please feel free to move if necessary.

A friend purchased this Order of Blue Sky and White Sun here locally at auction and has asked for my help in getting some opinion as to authenticity. A check of the web has not yielded much information.

The Order of Blue Sky and White Sun

The Order of Blue Sky and White Sun with Grand Cordon is the Republic of China's second highest military award Created in 1929 and is second only to the Order of National Glory.

Unlike many other ROC medals, Order of Blue Sky and White Sun comes only as a first class medal, without varying degrees of commendation; since 1981 it has been presented with the Grand Cordon, a very large ribbon, in this case a white ribbon with red and blue edges. Before that it came with a rosette.

Since its initiation, Republic of China only has awarded altogether 209 medals, among them 161 was awarded for those having great achievements in Sino-Japanese War.

It is said the Order of Blue Sky and White Sun is famed in Taiwan as a free-death medal.

Many thanks in advance!
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Republic of China Order of Blue Sky and White Sun   Republic of China Order of Blue Sky and White Sun  

Republic of China Order of Blue Sky and White Sun   Republic of China Order of Blue Sky and White Sun  

Republic of China Order of Blue Sky and White Sun   Republic of China Order of Blue Sky and White Sun  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I am split half and half about this. Check if it's silver.

?

It’s a copy. They have the same grey color of similar Chinese copies of breast star size medals. None have a yellow ring. The reverse has Taiwan era markings. Plus, I don’t think the real ones were ever made as a breast star.