Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Artillery Medal Group

Article about: Hello folks. Picked these up right after my last medal group, and I'm very happy with this one. A medal group comprising the Great War and WWII service of one Reginald Stanley Rainsley. It c

Default Royal Artillery Medal Group

Hello folks.

Picked these up right after my last medal group, and I'm very happy with this one. A medal group comprising the Great War and WWII service of one Reginald Stanley Rainsley. It consists of the WWI British War and Victory medals, mounted on their original parade bar, and with their original box of postage (minus the outer wrapping, which was often discarded). It also features Mr Rainsley's WWII Defence Medal, in its box and with the grease paper wrapping still present, along with the certificate of thanks.

This group came fully researched, with photocopies of paperwork pertaining to Mr Rainsley's service in the Royal Garrison Artillery. It contains what appears to be his full personal records, as well as the usual public entries that can be linked to most Great War medals. While no record exists of his service in the Home Guard, the boxed Defence Medal is all the proof required.

This has taken pride of place in my collection of British war medals, second only to my own great grandfather's.

Royal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal GroupRoyal Artillery Medal Group

Regards, B.B.

By the way, if you see this JB, I'm unable to send you any more private messages as your inbox is full. Most likely to do with your gold membership expiring.

B.B.

?

Sorry. I shall go delete some PMs

Sorry for that being an inconvenience to your thread
    Really nice grouping nonetheless!

Quote by Jb4046 View Post

I am very happy with it. Surprising what you can find on eBay!

No worries about the inconvenience.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post

Oh my god... Jb4046 is now just a 'regular' member... I'll have to cross him off my Christmas card list!